HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:04 PM
mattisdell
Joined Feb 2010
5 Posts
Discussion
A of A kellett blade question...PLEASE HELP...

hey guys, i bought this arizona autogyro kellett about a year ago from a friend and I got the whole thing done and when I was building the blades I realized that I screwed up. I took the tips of the blades and tapered them down to a point at the ends where you pack in the lead shot and cotton. I was looking at the instructions and I thought thats how it was supposed to be but then when I was looking online I saw other peoples and noticed that they are in fact not tapered at the ends. I wonder if this is going to screw everything up. I did do a autorotation test and it does spin up ok. but I was wondering, the blades are 36" x 2 1/2" I would like replacements but dont know exactly where to look. Ive been on many sites but the measurements are a little off. Does it have to be perfect to fly or can it be a little off and fly fine? and, does anyone have any ideas or replacements they want to sell??? thanks alot for the help, Matt isdell
mattisdell is offline Find More Posts by mattisdell
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:23 PM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
Omaha Millard, Nebraska, United States
Joined Sep 2004
4,060 Posts
No....don't worry about it! The blades are made from sig airfoil balsa and then lasercut out. If you needed to build more you can either go that route or build them from scratch.

But in regards to yours, just as long as they are all the same and spin up nicely, I wouldn't worry about it!
Joe
jodini is offline Find More Posts by jodini