HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:41 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprod View Post
I just received my Phoenix 2000 a few days ago and had a friend of mine who has flown rc for years come over to help me set her up. All went well until we got to the aileron and flap servo hookups. It looks like there isn't enough room to hookup a clevis on the servo arms in the wing, things are very tight. Have any of you fellows have to "cut" back some of the epo to make room to get in there?
Also, my friend thought there might be some tape in there. This is all I have to do to get her set to fly so I'm a little frustrated.
Being this is only my 1st electric sailplane and haven't flown rc but a couple of times previous, I'm totally ignorant about putting these things together and not messing something up.

Anyone in the INDIANA area? Hopefully, I can find someone in Indiana that may be able to mentor me thru this. Thanks
hmmm can you put up a picture ? no cutting was needed on mine.
fastfwd is online now Find More Posts by fastfwd
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:04 PM
Norh Eastern Indiana
Joined Nov 2003
61 Posts
While checking out the pics sent to me from "Mustflynow2" I noticed the above article on ESC's which is a little foreign yet to me, so I found it VERY helpful, thanks Bill, this newbie learned alot from your post. And, thanks for the pics "MFN2". I'll try to get my pics sent in tonight. I don't see any arms attached to my servos and it's very tight to get in there. Thanks for you help.
Dave
dprod is offline Find More Posts by dprod
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:49 PM
Norh Eastern Indiana
Joined Nov 2003
61 Posts
It looks like I'm missing stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustflynow2 View Post
Shouldn't need to cut any foam. Here is a pic of my ail. I replaced stock horn with du-bro otherwise all stoct. Z bend to servo arm and clevis to horn. Hope this helps I'll do another post with the flap, slight difference with the horn turned around.
As I looked at your pics, I noticed that my servos "don't" have any control arms on them, and when I looked into my bags of screws and all, none were included just the cleveses (spellin error)oops, and the wires. I guess I'll have to take her to the local hobby shop to get it finished off. Thanks again for your help.
dprod is offline Find More Posts by dprod
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:28 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprod View Post
As I looked at your pics, I noticed that my servos "don't" have any control arms on them, and when I looked into my bags of screws and all, none were included just the cleveses (spellin error)oops, and the wires. I guess I'll have to take her to the local hobby shop to get it finished off. Thanks again for your help.
Just take the tape off to get the horns on, and it wont hurt anything to cut a small notch to the side so you can get a screw driver in there to tighten up the servo arm screw
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:10 PM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,870 Posts
1300 lipo

Just wondering how this would fly on a 1300 3S?

I have quite a few of those (and 2200 3S) but I would like to keep it light for chasing thermals.

Thanks for any advice
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:08 PM
Finland, Pirkanmaa, Siuro
Joined Aug 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63 View Post
I'm using GensAce 3S 1550mAh pack and it's seems to be ok. Original battery was 1500mAh/3S. Longest flight with 1550 was roughly 30 minutes.
ssulti is offline Find More Posts by ssulti
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:02 AM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,283 Posts
Quote:

I have quite a few of those (and 2200 3S) but I would like to keep it light for chasing thermals.

Thanks for any advice
I fly it with a 1000mAh 3S ... it balances it perfectly and keeps it light..its my setup for low lift days ... also use a 1550 and a 1600.. a 2200 can work too but i have to put it as far back as possible ... usually i use it for high wind sloping
JLT_GTI is online now Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:58 AM
Heli's and gliders, what else?
Nederland, GE, Slijk-Ewijk
Joined Apr 2006
747 Posts
Quote:

Thanks for any advice
I fly it with a 1300 pack all the time. I use these packs.
BarnOwl is offline Find More Posts by BarnOwl
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:41 AM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,870 Posts
1300 3S Lipos

Thanks so much guys for all your responses.

I already own a couple of 1300 3S Nanotechs (so might even order another with the plane).

It'll be good to be able to keep the weight down!!

Cheers

Dave
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:41 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
hope to get her out and fly today, if wind will stay descent if i do ill post video ..
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:23 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Just blowing to hard for the Phoenix Evolution today,got the diamond 2500 and the super sky surfer up here is an older one for you new guys to watch
phoenix 2000-2 (3 min 9 sec)
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:02 PM
United States, PA, Lewistown
Joined Mar 2012
812 Posts
Parkzone Radian @ 1,801 Feet AGL (10 min 21 sec)
Maximilionalpha is offline Find More Posts by Maximilionalpha
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:04 PM
United States, PA, Lewistown
Joined Mar 2012
812 Posts
Phoenix 2000 Rc Glider vs Strong Winds (7 min 21 sec)
Maximilionalpha is offline Find More Posts by Maximilionalpha
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:57 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2011
593 Posts
I've had my P2k out the last few days and have been trying to learn to land it more reliably (I'm a soft-of glider newbie). Since getting the plane I've had issues on landing with dipping a wing tip or nosing in from six feet or less.

Lots of wing rips at the fuselage, lots of repairs. Not so much fun.

I finally made some progress this weekend on technique and am now doing much better. Here's the change I made. I realized that I've been trying to land too slow. I was thinking that speed was the enemy but I was stalling. I'm sure this is very basic to the vast majority of you but I post here for any other newbies. Now my landing approaches begin much higher and then instead of trying to coast in at low speed as before, I'm pushing it down and keeping a faster speed. Then I kick down the flaps and keep actively pushing it down. It's much better to be going a bit faster and land level than to be going slower and risk stalling/tipping.
Markran is offline Find More Posts by Markran
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:54 AM
Portugal, Santarém, Chamusca
Joined Jan 2013
36 Posts
I did my second flight with the evolution this weekend, and it didnt go well, i was alone and it was also my second flight ever.
The hand lunch was good, but after it was flying i see that it was climbing, probably the batery was to far behind, after a turn a push the trim three points and it started to came to floor to fast, i wasnt able to control it and end in the floor, the vertical stabilizer did take of, but nothing more was damaged, so i went home and spend the rest of the afternoon fixing it.
It´s now as new and ready for the next flight.
craposo is offline Find More Posts by craposo