HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:21 PM
Praying for better weather
Joined Dec 2007
4,133 Posts
Hi guys, another day, another tracker problem lol You know its happening that much now its starting to not be actually funny anymore.

On starting up my GS my tracker pan would not stay still again, having had this problem for so many times now I`m use to it not working and how to fix. A Hard Iron calibration later and it "normally" works. 9 times out of 10 this works, but concerning that I have to do this every single flight even from exactly the same location.

This time around it would move when in the hard iron calibration, so I figured for god knows why reason it has forgot its pan servo calibration. I could not get into pan servo calibration either.

After many resets and tries I eventually disconnected the Ublox GPS and could perform a hard iron. Reset and all seemed fine with the Unblox GPS plugged back in.

It did track, but miles out, I reset in trim mode and then added loads of trim to get it to point at the plane.

During the flight it would keep displaying the bootup screen as well

What can I now do ?

The V5 is brand new, the Ublox GPS is brand new.

The tracker itself I have had numerous problems with over the last year after one year of it working flawlessly. I have got in touch with MFD about getting a replacement tracker unit only because the problems are still here and every other component has been changed and the problems are still here.
Coyote64 is offline Find More Posts by Coyote64
Last edited by Coyote64; Aug 14, 2014 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Unfair rant
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2014, 01:52 PM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,198 Posts
Charles is a bit long to respond but I always had an answer.
Sorry for your problem.
GLADUS63 is offline Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2014, 07:21 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Sep 2001
552 Posts
That's no good Coyote, hope you get it sorted out

I sat on the fence for quite some time before jumping on this AAT as I didn't want to add more complexity to my system, so far I have had alot of teething problems and still haven't got it sorted out where I can confidently go out & use it. I don't give up easy and will still persevere

GLADUS, maybe you're his pet because I have sent e-mail to charles some weeks ago & still unanswered
Mantovani is online now Find More Posts by Mantovani
Old Aug 13, 2014, 07:28 PM
Joined Dec 2007
4,133 Posts
Charles is pretty good, answered problems on the MFD AP thread which is great. Over the last year though I have had nothing but problems with my tracker and every post goes unanswered.

I spent a lot of time in the first few hundred pages of this thread helping all sorts of people out, but find it now very frustrating that I have a tracker that`s obviously faulty but left hanging. Its not as if I`m moaning just now like spitting my dummy out, this has been going on for a long long time now and its still faulty.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:48 PM
Joined Jul 2009
1,198 Posts
Which way/mail did you use ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:37 AM
Joined Sep 2001
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63 View Post
Which way/mail did you use ?
I sent it to this address: admin@MyFlyDream.com
Old Aug 14, 2014, 05:00 AM
Joined Dec 2007
4,133 Posts
Yes the same address. I am pretty sure its the tracker itself, and because of the months and moths wasted trying to get it work all the time not just sometimes I was happy to buy the tracker just to get it fixed once and for all.

But then I`m thinking why ? I replaced the ATT with the newer version, then I bought the V5 when it came out and still have the same random failures so if I buy the top part of the tracker again I have spent more than double the price of the whole system just to fix it
Old Aug 14, 2014, 07:01 AM
Joined Jul 2009
1,198 Posts
I have contacted him by pm here, and if I remember there was another address like: m1911...
You can find in this thread
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 17, 2014, 07:35 PM
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
452 Posts
Went out and flew my Penguin today, first time in many weeks i got a chance to fly. I always keep a close eye on my mah's used and the TFP has always been really accurate, i recently upgraded the firmware in my older TFP which is not maybe 6 months old but today i noticed that when i was done flying i had landed at 3755 mah's used on a 5000 3s pack which would still leave me below the 80%.
After putting everything away i got out my battery checker and holly smokes it read only 11% left so i know how to access the osd menu to set my RSSI and so on, but i see that you can adjust the current usage i think, i did adjust the voltage level after i reflashed the new firmware so it rea dthe same as my volt meter. How do you adjust this value to get it to read the correct or close to MAH's used? i did try to use the buttons on TFP like you do to adjust everything else but i could never see the values change so i figured it couldnt be done.

Steve
sjgoulet is online now Find More Posts by sjgoulet
Old Aug 24, 2014, 04:43 PM
Please excuse me..
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Feb 2011
784 Posts
Got this thing working after first following (old) videos that now show how to incorrectly set it up using the audio channel..

Myflydream really needs to include a basic instruction sheet indicating that the new v5 and telefly pro use the video channel. I shouldn't have to search the internet for 2 hours to figure out how set this thing up.

Seems to be working now. Field test outside to come soon.
represent is online now Find More Posts by represent
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:57 PM
Joined Jul 2009
1,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantovani View Post
I sent it to this address: admin@MyFlyDream.com
Have you check your spam filter ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:20 AM
Joined Sep 2001
552 Posts
Thanks Gladus, just checked and no response..... I've sent another message
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:58 AM
Joined Sep 2001
552 Posts
Wow, Charles has just responded 3 minutes after I sent this email! That is the fastest response I have ever received from any tech support. Maybe the first message just got buried at a busy time.... Anyway hopefully now that the communication channels are open I may get this thing sorted after all.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 08:38 PM
Please excuse me..
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Feb 2011
784 Posts
Maybe it's the best Tracking Antenna?

Field test went well. It only dropped tracking for 3 or 4 brief moments in a 14 min test flight and it was always when the plane was in the same area turning. I was doing 200 yard fast circuits so the tracker was doing a lot of work.

I wasn't watching the video feed- I wonder if the 5.8 video signal broke up when it stopped tracking...

Going to check that the Teleflypro has the latest firmware, which it should because Charles just sent it to me 12 days ago.

Is duo tracking still supported? Any reason to implement that to reduce tracking losses?
represent is online now Find More Posts by represent
Last edited by represent; Aug 25, 2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 09:55 PM
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
452 Posts
Your TFP should have the latest firmware, mine did and its almost 6 months old now. I have noticed that if my video drops for a second or two (1.2 at a long distance) it will stop tracking, i hadnt noticed until i reviewed my recorded video footage. I think when you power up the TFP it will tell you the version number you have which should be 1.04 . Dont really think you would need duo tracking to reduce any losses, just use good antennas, im not on 5.8 i fly with 1.2 and use a DL dipole on my plane and a Yagi on the tracker.
sjgoulet is online now Find More Posts by sjgoulet