Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio

Old Apr 01, 2003, 12:10 AM
AMA3655@aol.com
n/a Posts
[RCSE] Servo mounts

Andrew -
I just finished putting my Tsunami together. The 5125 fits well in the wing, and it's the only digital servo currently available that will fit. I made some mounts out of that little known natural composite, wood. They were easy to fabricate, they work well, and they are light. I noted that the aluminum mounts add 1.5mm to the servo depth. You really don't need that in the Tsunami wing, it's pretty thin. I suppose that you could mill them down, but that would take more time than just making wood ones.
happy trails - Rob Glover

> The servo discussions comes at an opportune time; Arend Borst
> just e-mailed me my Tsunami is on the way and asked if I
> wanted
> servos with it
>
> Looking over on Glider King, I saw this:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~crg13/framepage.html
>
> Thought some people here might be interested.
>
> --
> Andrew E. Mileski
> Ottawa, Canada

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.
Old Apr 01, 2003, 12:10 AM
AMA3655@aol.com
n/a Posts
Re: [RCSE] Servo mounts

Craig -

Whoops, I thought that protos were what was available. Sorry, I'll post this to the exchange to point out my error.

BTW -the frames look way cool. The lightening/glue holes are really classy.I'm not sure how you can sell them so cheap. I like my wooden ones, but to tell the truth if I had known yours were available I'd have probably used them and left the servo covers off so folks could see them. Maybe you should make a clear servo cover to go with them. And you could anodize the frames to color match the plane...

happy trails - and good luck -
Rob Glover

> Rob,
>
> Pretty sure I put on that page that only the proto frames
> are
> deeper, new run units are flush. I have wood frames in my
> Xtreme.... :-)
>
> CG.

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.