Old Oct 08, 2015, 09:17 AM
Find More Posts by darticus
United States, NJ, Sparta Township
Joined Mar 2007
1,286 Posts
Discussion
Twisted hobby's pitts died help!

Whats your thoughts?
2 weeks ago while flying my Mini Pitts it dropped out of the sky at low altitude. I picked her up and all was good and up she went. Yesterday she stopped again on landing and drop down. She acted as if it was binding and losing bind than binding again. I thought the battery was at low so I put her away. Today she won't bind and no light on receiver with radio on. What is the opinion of the group? Thanks Ron
darticus is offline Find More Posts by darticus
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2015, 09:36 AM
Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
2,100 Posts
LVC ... low voltage cutoff... how old are those packs?

Make sure the ESC is connected to the receiver real good as well.
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2015, 10:25 AM
Joined Mar 2007
1,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
LVC ... low voltage cutoff... how old are those packs?

Make sure the ESC is connected to the receiver real good as well.
You are right on with this. I tried a new battery and all is good. I have never run across this before. All the recent batteries were gotten from TH at the same time and all are good but this seems shot after about 35 -3 min flights. All the others are going strong. Maybe they had a bad batch of 250mah 2 cells.
If I am correct and only Brad would know for sure as we talked in email about the missing batteries. Brad didn't ship some of my batteries because of a shortage at Christmas and when we verified by looking at the picture of my order , no batteries, the batteries never shipped. He than sent out 2 batteries after Christmas and when received I said to my wife, when they arrived, they didn't look like all the others sent, they didn't have their wires held by a band on the battery and I hoped and said to my wife, I hope these aren't used. Think maybe someone sent me some old dated batteries. Thanks Ron
Last edited by darticus; Oct 08, 2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2015, 12:34 PM
Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,365 Posts
Hi Ron, we haven't seen or heard of a similar issue also we haven't received any of those size lipo packs back from customers. Only change for batteries we have done was to remove some packing material which reduces weight resulting in lower weight with same expected power. Regarding your issue if you lost power instantly and then had more power to fly the model with out changing battery its possibly the ESC's Bec rebooted, sometimes servos can be over loaded resulting and a reboot condition. If this is the case give a look to make sure none of your servos or control movements are binding etc..
Twisted Realm is online now Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2015, 01:20 PM
Joined Mar 2007
1,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm View Post
Hi Ron, we haven't seen or heard of a similar issue also we haven't received any of those size lipo packs back from customers. Only change for batteries we have done was to remove some packing material which reduces weight resulting in lower weight with same expected power. Regarding your issue if you lost power instantly and then had more power to fly the model with out changing battery its possibly the ESC's Bec rebooted, sometimes servos can be over loaded resulting and a reboot condition. If this is the case give a look to make sure none of your servos or control movements are binding etc..
Thanks for the comments but I think its solved as a new battery is flying it fine. If only one battery out of 10 is a problem I guess thats good. Charged the bad one again today and it charged for 40 mins and seemed normal. The new battery flew it fine so I'll try the old tomorrow again. The old battery seems like its charging faster than the other batteries. Thanks Ron
Old Oct 08, 2015, 09:36 PM
Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
2,100 Posts
Dang... charged a 250 mah pack for 40 minutes... I would totally freak out
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2015, 06:30 AM