Old May 02, 2015, 09:39 PM
Find More Posts by Chris_Lake
United States, CA, Ripon
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Discussion
E-Sagitta 900

Hi All,
I've been asked to please post my E-Sagitta 900 I just completed and test flew. Please feel free to ask questions and I'll be glad to answer anything I can. This "project" took me two years to gather all materials and make repairs, builds and complete construction. Please see the pics. She flies great. I had to put 8 degrees of down thrust into her as the first flight with power on went straight up with full down elevator. As soon as I cut power at 75 meters (according to my Altis V4 unit), she flew like a dream. I pushed over and went to full neutral and she just flew and flew and flew. Love this plane. Not replacing any others I have, more like adding it to the quiver. Hope you like the pics.
Here's what she's got for operations...MVVS 4.6/840 motor with a RF 14.5 x 10 set of blades, a 38mm turbo spinner from Esprit, TP 65C, 1300MAH, 3S Lipo for the motor, LiFe 6.6V thru a voltage regulator for the Rx (I've had two catastrophic disasters with ESC failures so I now use two batteries and don't use the ESC BEC), Castle Edge Lite 75a ESC. Digital micro servos in the tail for the stab and rudder and micro digitals in the wings for the spoilers. Fuse is painted with white lacquer and the covering is standard transparent Monokote.
Thanks for taking a look.
Chris
Chris_Lake is offline Find More Posts by Chris_Lake
Last edited by Chris_Lake; May 02, 2015 at 09:42 PM. Reason: adding more information
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2015, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by Brynmr
United States, SC, Liberty
Joined Dec 2013
1,466 Posts
Looks great Chris! Was it previously owned by someone else?
Brynmr is online now Find More Posts by Brynmr
Old May 03, 2015, 04:01 PM
Find More Posts by Chris_Lake
United States, CA, Ripon
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Yes, the wings were. I bought the fuse from a friend and put it together. Had to build a stab as well from scratch.
Chris_Lake is offline Find More Posts by Chris_Lake
Old May 03, 2015, 04:08 PM
Find More Posts by Brynmr
United States, SC, Liberty
Joined Dec 2013
1,466 Posts
cool
Brynmr is online now Find More Posts by Brynmr
Old May 06, 2015, 12:56 AM
Find More Posts by Martini
Known Wind User
USA, ID
Joined Jun 2004
264 Posts
Nice setup! I fly a Sag 900 in slope and thermal but nothin" wrong with a little electric power and folding prop.

Thanks for the ideas on the power setup. Nice fix too with the downthrust. A little throttle to elevator mix can help but the proper downthrust is a good way to boost efficiency for starts.

You may want to consider using a 10 amp BEC and only one batt to simplify your power system. This will relieve your esc BEC without needing another battery.

Sagittas Rock! Martini
Martini is offline Find More Posts by Martini