Old Feb 03, 2016, 11:16 PM
Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,635 Posts
Well dangit, I may have spoken too soon on mine. My vibe warning lights were going off earlier today when I landed. Seems the new MSH programmed version of my YGE doesn't want to play well with my KDE motor. And I am seeing nasty up and down can bounce due to harmonic magnetic resonance issues that I simply can't tune out. Arrrrgh!

Played with my PWM and timing down to the bottom and up again. Still having nasty issues in my low norm gov'd range or as it spools up to it or past it. This makes this the very first heli system ever I couldn't tune correctly.
Luvmyhelis is online now Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2016, 06:56 AM
Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
14,808 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems with the YGE / KDE combination. Did you try disabling active freewheel?.. I've heard that occasionally it can cause issues similar to this (though i've never experienced it personally)

I bit of an update on my tail blade dilemma. I've just got home so can do some precise measurement. The stock blades that came with my kit actually measure 108mm (see photo). So I'm assuming that these are in fact the 'correct' 110mm blades and not 105mm as i first thought, my quick measurement on the heli previously got it slightly wrong:

I tried the 115mm blades (which BTW truly measure 115mm) and even with the blades manipulated to their closest possible position there is still about 4mm gap, so i'm very happy that this is perfectly safe:

I'll be using the 115mm blades from now on and i really dont expect any issues.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Feb 06, 2016, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by holtneil
Heli nut " the wife said so "
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2012
2,157 Posts
Hi Steve glad thats sort for you I think we all have learnt to check parts in the new kit even from a really top make of heli , Human error at the factory
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Feb 06, 2016, 12:09 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
14,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by holtneil View Post
Hi Steve glad thats sort for you I think we all have learnt to check parts in the new kit even from a really top make of heli , Human error at the factory
Well in this case I think the blades probably are the nominally 110mm, it's just that they are made 2mm short. Up against 105mm blades you can see that these ones are a little longer, but hardly anything.

I'll keep the 108mm blades as spares for the Gob 630, and I'll fly the 770 with the 115mm blades. It will be interesting to see what 7mm in blade length does for tail hold, it doesn't sound like much but I bet it makes a difference.
Old Feb 07, 2016, 02:58 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,635 Posts
Nice camera work, and it looks real close on the measurements, prob lean towards them being too short? I always stuck with the original length 115s myself on the 770 before I stretched it out, and never had any issues. But I pull my tail belts tighter than most as I like the tension measure roller out about an 8th past level myself. Tends to help get rid of that longer 770 tail belt wobble. The 700s don't need it, but I still pull mine slightly tighter than spec there too.

And thanks for the tip on the esc active freewheel thing! Even though it helps, really helps the fets stay cooler, if the thing doesn't run? What good is it all? So this minute I pulled the beast down off the wall and disabled it to give it a go before I loose the light up here. Since I have my chitlins for the weekend, no plans on watching the bowl, we are headed down to the Y to go take a swim in their heated pool instead. My 10yr old grand national tri state karate champ little prodigy girl loves that.

Spent all of last night chasing down another 'bug' in one of my 14s packs. Turns out one of the bal lead connector inside tabs was gone, and it wasn't making a solid connection when plugged into my Tp charger. So the charger was giving me battery needs service warnings. But, when I tested it all with a multi, everything checked out. Took me a while to figure it out.

Edit:The elimination of AC took the vibes down by 70%, still kicking off the vibe warning light, but I may be able to tune this out now. Magnitude 13 instead of 26 to 30 before., which is more than a main bearing grinding apart. Thanks again JPF!
Last edited by Luvmyhelis; Feb 07, 2016 at 11:26 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 02:43 AM
Joined Oct 2010
4,635 Posts
We had probably one of the most pristine sunny cloudless blue sky zero wind days I have seen this year so far this tuesday. Still under 40 deg temps.. but it felt great with a light coat and my super thin silk glove liners on. No gloves, just the liners. So I headed out to the field and got in several perfect first of the year flights in today. Loved every second of it. What an awesome way to spend the day today.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 09:14 AM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
9,913 Posts
Not here... Weather is just stupid here for the last week now. Since like last Thursday, at least. We've been getting 25-35 mph gusting winds. Yesterday was particularly bad. But the temps have been like 45-55 and that wind really makes that SUCK. Of course the cold isn't really that bad unless your stuck in the wind. Naturally the worst part is no flying
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:36 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
14,808 Posts
Constant storms here, they are just rolling in one after the other bringing torrential rain and gale force winds. Apparently this is due to a 'Super El-Nino' in the south Pacific?

So i've not been getting much flying in eaither. I did use some of the down time to sort out the wonky canopy on my Goblin 770, apparently this is a common problem, the canopy sits over to the right which means the motor viewed through the cooling hole is off centre.

The problem was caused by a combination of the cooling hole being off centre and the canopy being slightly distorted. So i opened up the cooling hole a bit to make it central then added a couple of Align canopy support rubber stand-offs from a Trex 800. This did the trick nicely. The Trex 800 supports were a perfect fit, I'm not sure why SAB don't fit something similar as stock?:

Nice and central now:

I also installed the 24t tail pulley to speed up the tail rotor, so i'm looking forward to the next flying opportunity, whenever that comes......
Old Feb 10, 2016, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by Jomaba4308
Lynx Heli Field Rep
Joined Jul 2011
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Not here... Weather is just stupid here for the last week now. Since like last Thursday, at least. We've been getting 25-35 mph gusting winds. Yesterday was particularly bad. But the temps have been like 45-55 and that wind really makes that SUCK. Of course the cold isn't really that bad unless your stuck in the wind. Naturally the worst part is no flying
Come visit Connecticut this weekend. Temps coming to be 10-20F daytime high with overnight lows below 0F. And the best part is they are saying 10-20 mph winds not factoring gusts.
Jomaba4308 is online now Find More Posts by Jomaba4308
Old Feb 10, 2016, 03:30 PM
Find More Posts by mhills51
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
14,818 Posts
Sorry guy's I am just coming out of hibernation lol!
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
Old Feb 10, 2016, 03:40 PM
Find More Posts by mhills51
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
14,818 Posts
Actually spent most of a month getting a part of my intestine removed. Damage from a dumb a$$ accident about 20 years ago. Four wheeling with some real dumb A$$es knew I was in trouble when we peed. tried to find my way back home, but got back into the 4 wheeler. First thing I remembered was "We killed Micah!" Had no insurance, but my sister and her husband was nurseries. He was a medical nurse and treated my head. Crapped blood for I don't know how long.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
Old Feb 10, 2016, 03:51 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
14,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Actually spent most of a month getting a part of my intestine removed. Damage from a dumb a$$ accident about 20 years ago.
Ouch... Hope you are back to full fitness soon!
Old Feb 12, 2016, 08:03 AM
Find More Posts by holtneil
Heli nut " the wife said so "
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2012
2,157 Posts
Hi mhills51 get well soon my friend , we need some more scale helicopter videos on your YouTube channel
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:20 PM
Find More Posts by bvrrocks5150
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Jul 2014
910 Posts
G170?? :o

Apparently, there may be a Goblin 170 in the works. Blade 180 CFx killer? Does anyone know anything about this?? These pics are the only leaked information I can find.
bvrrocks5150 is online now Find More Posts by bvrrocks5150
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:37 PM
Find More Posts by Jomaba4308
Lynx Heli Field Rep
Joined Jul 2011
403 Posts
Faked
They were in the new Goblin speculation thread on Helifreak but the new Goblin is a nitro not micro.
Jomaba4308 is online now Find More Posts by Jomaba4308