Closed Thread
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:28 AM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
Maryland, USA
Joined Jan 2007
8,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynet11 View Post
Actually where I could see it as useful when flying on those days where it's probably a bit windy to be flying. I remember a few gusty landings where I busted landing gear and props because of the gusts hitting @ at just the wrong time.
I've had enough crashes from weather that I understand too, but I don't see anything in the docco that suggests it understands angle of attack or airspeed. There's nothing that suggests it would be any better than me in controlling the airplane in near stall flight. When I'm flying, I'm considering wind speed, angle of attack, real air speed, desired destination, a lot of factors. I think this may be a little simplified.
osterizer is offline Find More Posts by osterizer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:42 PM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
Found a new toy for RB...

http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6407xo1
raynet11 is offline Find More Posts by raynet11
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Storage:
Old Feb 21, 2012, 04:53 AM
Trial&Error - Repeat
Amsterdam, New York
Joined Feb 2007
3,270 Posts
Thats SICK!!!

Though I have no idea where I would run that? I have a hard time keeping a truck going in a straight line. Everything is just so run down. Even our new shopping plaza. The lots are so badly surfaced.
Rollingball is offline Find More Posts by Rollingball
Old Feb 21, 2012, 06:51 PM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
You need a big oval , a really big oval... It's easy enough to hit 100MPH these days with a touring car , but I dig the size of this beast , 5000MAH X 2 !!!! SWEET !!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:46 PM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
Maryland, USA
Joined Jan 2007
8,577 Posts
Pretty amazing-- looks like the video of testing the Veyron in the demo. Nice!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:28 PM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
I actually plan on racing again this season but just cruising around get's boring mighty quick, but racing on the other hand is pretty exciting in my book.

Planes can be exciting or make me yawn these days , still get butterflies every time I fly a heli though...
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:46 PM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
Maryland, USA
Joined Jan 2007
8,577 Posts
There's a racing track at one of the LHS' locally that I always stop to watch when I'm there. It looks like a great time, but the store is too far away to visit frequently. Couldn't run that Traxxas there, though-- it would be like trying to drive a 935 around your back yard, nothing but frustration .
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:42 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynet11
still get butterflies every time I fly a heli though...
I can relate to this but not for another couple of months .
Power Up is offline Find More Posts by Power Up
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:34 PM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
If I had to live through that much snow I think I would have to build a pole barn with a short course on the floor for cars and room above for flying helis. That would be worth a 2nd mortgage ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:58 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,571 Posts
This guy solved the winter blues and had fun to boot… seven years

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/02...sing-only.html
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:06 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
Now that is just cool, what an excuse to go play with your toys, there was probably a mirror article on a women's website titled "Worlds most patient wife waits 7 years for basement"
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:09 AM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,571 Posts
Patient wife for sure!

Yeah, he certainly wasn’t in a hurry to get things done. That would have ended the excavating fun. Nice toys though.

I think the addition of a Traxxas XO-1 to his construction fleet for a summertime adrenaline pump on one of those prairie back roads would be nice .
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:14 AM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
Maryland, USA
Joined Jan 2007
8,577 Posts
I think his motivation was building the equipment more than digging the basement. He was modeling for seven years, and as a side effect the basement got dug. It may the best justification for a hobby I've seen so far, though.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 02:13 PM
War Eagle!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2006
2,832 Posts
Soo.... I pulled my MX out of the closet last night and brought it to work and gave it to a friend who is going to take it home for me and go through it and try and figure out what was causing it to drift when I was trying to learn.. over a year ago at this point...

Hopefully he finds something in it that explains the drift and can get it dialed in for me so I can try and learn heli's again

That said, anyone know someone who still sells MX compatible frames?
sneasle is offline Find More Posts by sneasle
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:18 AM
Trial&Error - Repeat
Amsterdam, New York
Joined Feb 2007
3,270 Posts
I looked around from the sites I saved and they no longer list MX in their inventory. Even TH has very few MX parts left. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=HMXE0210&P=PU

Basically if you still have one. It should be classified as a mantel piece.

The MX is a dead dinosaur.

However, Google ARK 450 Helicopter. Mostly over the pond parts ordering. It will keep a MX in the air a bit longer.

Easier just to retire it and go for a EXI heli.
Rollingball is offline Find More Posts by Rollingball
Closed Thread