HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:27 PM
ir3
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2007
289 Posts
Discussion
Upgrade Battery Pack For Engel Type VIIC

I just received the upgrade battery pack for the Engel Type VIIC and my advice to anyone thinking about this battery change, don't do it. The package is absolute garbage. They supply specially made spacers to adapt the battery pack to the old orange battery pack bulkheads in the Tech Rack. The diameter of the spacers is smaller than the bulkhead openings that the old Orange batteries fit into resulting in a very sloppy fit. The engineering on this battery pack is extremely poor and was obviously not checked in the early battery pack location in the Type VIIC before offering it to the public.

Of course, if you look at the picture of the assembled battery pack the spacers appear to have a very tight fit in the tech rack battery compartment. I sent Engel an email about this problem but like most of my other requests for support, I probably will not hear back on this one either.

With one problem after another I am sure sorry that I sunk the extreme amount of funds into this project.

A little venting perhaps but just completely frustrated with Engel as a company.

Hope to get some responses,

IR3
ir3 is offline Find More Posts by ir3
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:24 AM
Western , Pennsylvania
Joined Feb 2009
376 Posts
I had contacted Engel, and they told me not to use the new pack with my older sub.

Marc
crowman17 is online now Find More Posts by crowman17
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:42 AM
ir3
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2007
289 Posts
New Type VIIC Battery Pack

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the response. It would have been nice of Engel to tell me the same thing. I told them exactly which sub I had but they did not bother to tell me not to use the new battery pack. If it fits in the same type of Tech Rack, they must have different bulkheads to secure the batteries and maintain the correct length. I have a request for a replacement part and a request to see if they have replacement bulkheads also.

Hopefully I will get a response soon. In the meantime, I am preparing my old battery pack to put back in.

Iran
ir3 is offline Find More Posts by ir3