HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:52 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,194 Posts
Discussion
Durafly D.H.110 Sea Vixen EDF Jet

After a 4 month wait the Durafly D.H.110 Sea Vixen EDF Jet has been released today in PNF form.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_PNF_.html

Supposedly an ARF kit will also follow.

Here's the video posted by HK....
Durafly D.H.110 Sea Vixen EDF Jet w/Retracts 1000mm (PNF) (2 min 41 sec)

This thread can be used by anyone who is interested in this fine model.... Let's start talking about it....
anlucas is offline Find More Posts by anlucas
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:07 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Glad this is finally released....LOVE This one....from the last thread... I added a small addition to my cart and the cheaper shipping showed up....This bird has been ordered!!! Awesome...
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:20 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,660 Posts
Yes, for the time being you'll need to add any small item to your cart to lower the price of a item such as this shipping from our Chinese warehouse.

Glad so many are liking this great cold war era jet, it was a great choice of Scott's IMO.

S.
stuart warne is online now Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: JR P-38 take 2.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:27 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,600 Posts
I think all of the comments made in the other thread as to how nicely edited the Vixen Video is are noteworthy and I would agree. I have a feeling that having Stuart join the team may have had a little something to do with it?

Nicely done editing Mr S!

But of course it takes more than one person to put that kind of video together, so a tip of the hat to the rest of the people's too!
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite Allusive 2.2M
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:30 AM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2007
434 Posts
Well said Bajora I fully agree, I am not a great lover of foam models this has certainly raised the bar and has me on the verge of buying.
dennisp_sg is offline Find More Posts by dennisp_sg
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:47 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2010
788 Posts
subbed
jdlilfan is online now Find More Posts by jdlilfan
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:44 AM
Joined Mar 2006
456 Posts
This thing looks AWESOME!
Well done Hobby King!

Only thing missing is a pilot inside the cockpit....so any suggestions which one will fit and looks in place?
MartinT is offline Find More Posts by MartinT
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:51 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,660 Posts
Thank you Bajora, very kind of you to say, but I only really did the online of this edit (color correction, titles, cut changes, audio). The real nuts and bolts credits go to Herman (the offline editor on this one), Hector who did a great job of the animated graphic's you see over the studio shots and the in-flight stills at the end (all three of us film it) And of course Scott for his excellent choice of subject matter, narration and flying. So yes, very much a team effort.

The particular flying site for this video still isn't ideal, but it gave us a great opportunity to fly the Sea Vixen over the actual sea as Scott had wanted all along for this, whilst still able to show a landing and ROG.

S.
stuart warne is online now Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Last edited by stuart warne; Nov 23, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:09 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,600 Posts
You know what they say about "location"

And it is a SEA Vixen! I hope to get the chance to get it in the viewfinder of all of my camera gear some time down the road, hopefully sooner than later.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite Allusive 2.2M
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:38 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,194 Posts
My resistance in hitting the Add to Cart button only lasted a couple of hours....

I was really waiting for the ARF version but it's not a bad deal with retracts et al.

The fan+ESC is going though. A 10-Blade fan with a Turnigy L2855-2300kv motor running on 5S is waiting.

If HK honours it's 3-5 day JIT shipping - maiden in 3 weeks....
anlucas is offline Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:43 AM
Joined Dec 2008
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne View Post

The particular flying site for this video still isn't ideal, but it gave us a great opportunity to fly the Sea Vixen over the actual sea as Scott had wanted all along for this, whilst still able to show a landing and ROG.

S.
A large RC carrier??
maxcarbon is offline Find More Posts by maxcarbon
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:18 PM
Rutland, England
Joined Feb 2005
214 Posts
Anyone know if this one will be hand-launchable, like the Venom? I'd imagine there may be a problem getting a good hold on it to chuck it?

The propulsion system on the video sounds a lot less 'jetty' than the standard set up with the Venom did... i wonder if it's something to do with the twin exhaust tubes??? ... however, i kinda imagine it might sound better once one of you guys fits a CS10 fan to it
Andy B is offline Find More Posts by Andy B
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:53 PM
United Kingdom, Cnwll
Joined Apr 2010
197 Posts
Scott said in the earlier thread that hand launching was easy - I thought the same as you, but with the U/C down there's a very firm grip apparently

Too late for me this year alas (got a Hobbyking Hurricane coming for a christmas pressie as I couldn't wait any longer!) but I've been drooling over the pics all day. I'm a Sea Vixen NUT, and while I can see some minor inaccuracies, overall I think that Durafly have done an amazing job. Possibly the best looking EDF in this scale.
lordmureth is offline Find More Posts by lordmureth
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:48 PM
Avionics tech
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jun 2011
2,199 Posts
Of course we'll have to drop a CS 10 blade in for a more realistic jet sound.
52Sabre is offline Find More Posts by 52Sabre
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Dec 2008
69 Posts
Ordered mine. Will fly stock and later drop in a cs12 70mm fan I have on the bench. Reading thru the cs12 thread now and decide on the motor combo......
maxcarbon is offline Find More Posts by maxcarbon