HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:35 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,114 Posts
DRAGON LINK UPDATE

Hi Everyone,

First the good news, the latest firmware update by Chris is PERFECT Everything works well, and is just a very refined, most trouble free operation ever !!! All Dragon Links Since 9 Oct 2012 have been shipping with this latest firmware version.

For the past few days, we have been working on a very large batch of Dragon Links, to assure we always have plenty of stock Production is going very well, and I have been putting a bunch of time into testing them. You guys will be very happy with the Dragon Links, the best we have ever made !!!

Now for the bad news , I have been in production for the last several days, so I am 3 days behind on PM's here and have not posted or even read all the posts here in this thread recently. I will catch up on this and fix anyone having issues this weekend instead of going and flying FPV No worries, we will make sure everyone that has issues is taken care of, and gets up and flying quickly.

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Oct 18, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:00 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
New version of the updater app:
http://files.chrisseto.com/ldI
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:02 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,114 Posts
DRAGON LINK - Professional Grade FPV
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:33 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
New version of the updater app:
http://files.chrisseto.com/ldI
Is there any compelling reason to update the firmware from the first V2 version earlier this year?
It the hardware (usb and cable) available for sale by Mike yet, or must we search 3rd party sites?
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:46 PM
redtale50
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
Everthing working

Jr XP8103 H, Cularis. Throttle and flaps direct to DL, fixed camera so far. Return says its working, failsafe goes to my half throttle setting when tx turned off. Back to my question of, am I calibrated? The lights on the rx worked per manual, but using the solid red to get to the red/green, orange solid to get flashing orange to bind. Will test Friday, will do range check. Is this safe to fly??????
redtale50 is offline Find More Posts by redtale50
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:29 PM
Work less, fly more!
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Aug 2012
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdogangle View Post
Yes, I have 4 flights on my new DL so far, and I am flying further and lower than with my 72mHz system. I thought Dragon Link was a little bit of hype when I first read about it, and also when I read through the various problems.

However, when you figure out how to hook it up (get those instructions fixed, guys!), and you get a working system with no bugs, it truly does take the worry of losing RC link out of the equation!

Now the only thing I worry about is my video signal and battery! My Dragon Link outperforms both easily!

Mike! PM me your return address of where you want me to send my first DL that had calibration issues. It is all packaged and ready to go!

I already have a contest video posted, but this one I did today and is short but sweet: <~~~~~~ Popcorn dude is COOL!

6km out on 4th Dragon Link flight!
http://youtu.be/mSapD7i-UMQ
Nice video,
angry is offline Find More Posts by angry
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:06 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
Is there any compelling reason to update the firmware from the first V2 version earlier this year?
It the hardware (usb and cable) available for sale by Mike yet, or must we search 3rd party sites?
I'm also curious to know this. I have the wires needed to make the adaptor in about 5 min.

Any good reason to update?
range is offline Find More Posts by range
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:57 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
DRAGON LINK UPDATE

Hi Everyone,

First the good news, the latest firmware update by Chris is PERFECT Everything works well, and is just a very refined, most trouble free operation ever !!! All Dragon Links Since 9 Oct 2012 have been shipping with this latest firmware version.

For the past few days, we have been working on a very large batch of Dragon Links, to assure we always have plenty of stock Production is going very well, and I have been putting a bunch of time into testing them. You guys will be very happy with the Dragon Links, the best we have ever made !!!

Now for the bad news , I have been in production for the last several days, so I am 3 days behind on PM's here and have not posted or even read all the posts here in this thread recently. I will catch up on this and fix anyone having issues this weekend instead of going and flying FPV No worries, we will make sure everyone that has issues is taken care of, and gets up and flying quickly.

Mike
Take your time Mike. I sent you two PM but you will reply when you'll can..

When will be possible to update firmware from ours houses by a connector ?
IMEIV is online now Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:53 AM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martink1974 View Post
even allowing for manual problems it wont calibrate , you never get solid blue light after bind

i can see whats sposed to happen it just isnt, maybe the manual writer is color blind ?

mike please help out here is there firmware to fix this ?

i have spent all day on this and it should be even allowing for manual be simple
He is...
metalbender4by is offline Find More Posts by metalbender4by
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:31 AM
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Joined Sep 2010
877 Posts
Older 9 ch Rx info needed

Hi,
I am awaiting the return of my older DL with 2 9ch receivers from Mike after an upgrade. Mike has said to be sure and calibrate the Rx's to the Tx. I found a link on the Dragon Labs website that says to " Now, Jump the signal pins of Pins 5 and 6 of the Receiver" Are the signal pins the two Rissi pins? Also is there a thread that shows the pinouts of the older 9ch Rx"s? Its been quite a while and I need to refresh my memory. It seems this thread is dedicated to the new system.

Thanks,

Tom
tom3holer is offline Find More Posts by tom3holer
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:32 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
Hi,

Yes, I would recommend to upgrade your firmware. Chris latest firmware is performing incredibly well, with zero bugs. It also has some new features. Since starting this project, I have had my idea of a " Dream Firmware ", and this one is it ! Chris accomplished the impossible with this version

You will be able to use an FTDI device from Spark Fun to update the system. I will have cables avaialable soon !

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:34 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom3holer View Post
Hi,
I am awaiting the return of my older DL with 2 9ch receivers from Mike after an upgrade. Mike has said to be sure and calibrate the Rx's to the Tx. I found a link on the Dragon Labs website that says to " Now, Jump the signal pins of Pins 5 and 6 of the Receiver" Are the signal pins the two Rissi pins? Also is there a thread that shows the pinouts of the older 9ch Rx"s? Its been quite a while and I need to refresh my memory. It seems this thread is dedicated to the new system.

Thanks,

Tom
Jump the signal pins of servo channels 5 and 6 together, then power on the RX for calibration. The RSSI pin is totally seperate and different, never ever jump these !!! If you jump the wrong pins, you are likely to burn up the RX.

Your system should have arrived already, it was sent insured, so you must sign for it. Check your mail to see if it is sitting at the post office !

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:28 AM
wac
Joined Jun 2005
1,405 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am wondering if the dragonlink can be used with the futaba 10c fasst system that does NOT have the modigule in the back?

Thank you
WAC
wac is offline Find More Posts by wac
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:46 AM
Joined Jun 2010
419 Posts
oh great so my new DL V2 ordered 13.oct.2012 will have latest firmware !!
I'm happy now.
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Last edited by marcin.gala; Oct 19, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:03 AM
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Nov 2006
901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junioro16v View Post
I have this exactly settings with all the 12 channels working.

I get one rx with this problem in channel 2.
Look my video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJxuloYSamQ

When I make a pression under resistor bridge (I dont remember if R8), they works great!
My other rx works 100% on all channels!
Hi,

My ch2 wont work with those settings and 12 ch's, when I change to 8ch's ch2 works. That is weird when you press on the board ch2 works, I will have to try that but mine does work with 8ch's.

does that rx work with those settings and 8ch's without pressing on the board? If so, I dont know, maybe changing some capacitance, when you put your finger there?

thanks,

John
wister is offline Find More Posts by wister