HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2014, 08:43 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Bipe launch

THE LAUNCH is now imminent.

The whole battery system on the BiPlane is currently ON CHARGE
I also now KNOW FOR SURE that the cradle (with recent metallic bars reinforcement) carries the BOT with no stress, even in the bad situation I forced on it, being missaligned.....!
SAT and SUN are no longer days I will use for Model Airplane stuff. Too many people, models, on the street and the field, distract and interfere with my concentration. I have asked for a sched.change at work and now have WEDNESDAY off. changed 5 days at 4 hours into 4 days at 5 hours...! got a weekday off to use for the HOBBY....
on the 14 th the BOT goes up on the top wing of the BIG LAZY ACE.

I hope to luck and enroll my two volunteers for pics / video and copiloting as was done recently. I think they did a sterling job too.
read next post
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2014, 08:51 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
the three planes PROJECT

Having completed the new 2 meter scale glider Ka-8 Schleiker as usual I went looking for information about it particularly concerning the TOW systems pros and cons.
Found wonderful stuff and VERY EDUCATIONAL I have been reading up on some reports about this glider especially from a Pilot ( may be American ) from BELGIUM who totally specializes in this particular plane (real) and also the selfsame model I am preparing. He posts MANY specific details and avoidance hints for problems. Just imagine that the Manual recommends a CG mark at 75 " from the leading edge and the REAL, WORKABLE measure needs to be at 50"
On their CG the model would self destroy !!!!!!
one lives, ( reads ! ) and LEARNS

RICK

PS Several steps prior to towing attempt : 1) hand launching to establish good flying at "low speed" 2) mild hi start with low pull ( somewhere betwen e 6Lbs and 8 Lbs of pull to test performance at higher speeds 3) 45 to 90 degrees of dives to test high speed pull out and the air brakes.......
after that and before towing, a ride on the cradle on the Bipe for speed runs.......
I am confident because I added a 3/16 PIANO WIRE bent at 3.4 degs. almost from wingtip to wingtip...this wing won`t fold, for sure
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; May 08, 2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old May 08, 2014, 09:56 PM
Death Drops are awesome.
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,337 Posts
Speaking of ready-to-launch, the replacement motor for my Yak got here today. I tore it down to parts, and locktited everything just to be doubly-sure. Ran it up and it runs well. No harmonics or excessive vibration like that power 32 I have. (that's a topic in itself now), and I'll try and fly it this weekend.

better friggin work this time and the weather better friggin co-operate. starting to get weary of this dog n pony show.
Sabin is offline Find More Posts by Sabin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 12, 2014, 07:27 PM
Missileer Extraordinaire
Joined Jun 2001
2,041 Posts
Hi Rick!!!!

Any news?

Mel D.
Mel Duval is offline Find More Posts by Mel Duval
Old Jun 13, 2014, 08:41 PM
Death Drops are awesome.
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,337 Posts
My SMC 2800mah 3s pack came in the mail today. Time to do a little testing...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 30, 2014, 08:38 PM
Death Drops are awesome.
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,337 Posts
Wow. I had a rather tough conversation with the LHS owner today.

He was convinced his sbach342 airfoil was not symmetrical and that it was impossible to design in any angle of attack on a small foamie.

I tried over and over again to correct him, to show that the airfoil on an aerobat is indeed symmetrical.

He ended it with asking me for a video on airfoils and their effects.
RCG Plus Member