HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2006, 09:09 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2005
172 Posts
Discussion
GWS P51 with eclipse 7. help plz

I have just built a Gws P51 with a Hitec 4 channel reciever. The crystal is from my 5 channel Trex450 but I put it on my mustang instead. I have an eclipse 7 that I have allwaysed used for my helicopter, but I am not sure how to use it with the plane. I also dont know how to change the Mode or the shift correctly. The TX and the reciever dont seem to be connecting at all. Any halp would be great.
MLamaPilot is offline Find More Posts by MLamaPilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2006, 09:30 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Aug 2004
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamaPilot
I have just built a Gws P51 with a Hitec 4 channel reciever. The crystal is from my 5 channel Trex450 but I put it on my mustang instead. I have an eclipse 7 that I have allwaysed used for my helicopter, but I am not sure how to use it with the plane. I also dont know how to change the Mode or the shift correctly. The TX and the reciever dont seem to be connecting at all. Any halp would be great.

Are you sure the crystal from 5 ch is compatible with 4 ch? As far as I know Hitec 555 5 ch RX is Dual conversion while Hitec 4 ch RXs are all Single conversion. Dual and Single conversion crystals are different and are not compatible with each other.

Read the manual of your Eclipse 7. You have to change mode by switching off the TX and while holding the two left most buttons of the TX, switch the TX back on. This will show you the menus to change plane mode and change shift.

I suggest you buy a crystal that is for your 4 ch crystal. Check the shift of your RX (you can find the info printed on the RX) and setup your TX properly.
shschon is offline Find More Posts by shschon