HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:38 PM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca View Post
I haven't tried it but I wouldn't think it would be that successful considering GWS glue is really a contact-type of cement.

Aeronca
I thought that as well , maybe the paste(glue and powder) still adheres to both sides, the glue will set even if polystyrene is joined before it has had tme to "air dry"before it joins, it is really surprising that it seems to work, and work well
gordynic is offline Find More Posts by gordynic
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2014, 05:07 PM
"Free crash instruction"
long island N.Y.
Joined Jan 2004
1,718 Posts
I would just sand and keep the tail weight down. if you must, sand rudder or both half's if needed. Contact glue is not a filler but micro balloon and epoxy are very strong and readily sandable. foam tack dries so quick you can hold in place till it dries just about....same as foam cure, both a contact cement with thick flow.....almost like rubber. I watched a guy make a complete hing with this stuff using no tape or hinge. I've had a few and most GWS models need plenty of sanding if you want a strait clean appearance. have fun with the build, it's an easy one with plenty of gratification. Enjoy!
Cr@sh is offline Find More Posts by Cr@sh
Old Dec 01, 2014, 03:06 AM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr@sh View Post
I would just sand and keep the tail weight down. if you must, sand rudder or both half's if needed. Contact glue is not a filler but micro balloon and epoxy are very strong and readily sandable. foam tack dries so quick you can hold in place till it dries just about....same as foam cure, both a contact cement with thick flow.....almost like rubber. I watched a guy make a complete hing with this stuff using no tape or hinge. I've had a few and most GWS models need plenty of sanding if you want a strait clean appearance. have fun with the build, it's an easy one with plenty of gratification. Enjoy!
Agreed, but still going to have to use adhesive to glue on the tailplane, and the microballoons have negligable weight
gordynic is offline Find More Posts by gordynic