SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 05, 2013, 10:53 AM
Miami Fl
Joined Feb 2011
176 Posts
Discussion
losi ten rear hubs necessary?

I want to hop up my truck but dont really want to spend extra cash if i dont have to. Are these rear hubs really worth changing to the aluminum ones? Also why do they onky make aluminum rear hubs and not the front?
flysohigh is offline Find More Posts by flysohigh
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:22 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
If you're not breaking the plastic hubs you'll see no difference by running the aluminum ones.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:02 PM
Miami Fl
Joined Feb 2011
176 Posts
I guess they are really durable I have not seen people had any problems with them I guess I will just worry about the things that I really need actually I was thinking about getting the aluminum shock caps but I actually see the plastic ones without any problems I'm just going to wait till things break and then I upgrade as I go. any other things that I can do from how the truck comes stock that you recommend to upgrade or change?
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:23 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysohigh View Post
I guess they are really durable I have not seen people had any problems with them I guess I will just worry about the things that I really need actually I was thinking about getting the aluminum shock caps but I actually see the plastic ones without any problems I'm just going to wait till things break and then I upgrade as I go. any other things that I can do from how the truck comes stock that you recommend to upgrade or change?
That sounds like a good idea no sense spending money if you don't have to. I might check at the local track and see what other people are getting for that truck. Practice is the cheapest upgrade you can ever buy
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:46 PM
Miami Fl
Joined Feb 2011
176 Posts
I agree i was looking at the TLR tuning kit dont understand the adjustable hinge pins what they do?
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:52 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
I don't think they're adjustable hinge pins...

Quote:
Rear Shock Tower, Carbon, 4mm
Front Shock Tower, Carbon, 4mm
Rear Hubs, Aluminum
Shock Tops, Aluminum
One Piece Shock Standoffs
Shock Collars, Aluminum
Adjustable Front Hinge Pin Holder Set
Adjustable Rear Hinge Pin Holder Set
It sounds like it's the piece that contains them to the chassis that is adjustable.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 05:02 PM
Miami Fl
Joined Feb 2011
176 Posts
So then the chassis has 2 different points to insert the pins. Inner and outer but what are all those black inserts for?
Old Mar 07, 2013, 03:45 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Probably offset to adjust toe angle on the rear?