SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 12, 2014, 07:56 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,968 Posts
Great work, doctorj. I've updated the first post with a link to your post.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2014, 01:11 AM
Athens GR
Joined May 2003
364 Posts
will this work with a crossflashed CX as well ?
tdriver is offline Find More Posts by tdriver
Old Jul 13, 2014, 06:00 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,968 Posts
If you've crossflashed, just use the stock Tarot version.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jul 13, 2014, 06:42 AM
Athens GR
Joined May 2003
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
If you've crossflashed, just use the stock Tarot version.
ok, thanks.
tdriver is offline Find More Posts by tdriver
Old Jul 15, 2014, 01:15 AM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Test android cx 3x1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorj46920 View Post
I patched the ZYX Droid 4.01 app for use with the CX-3X1000 yesterday. I changed the serial prompt / response to use 7F 0F (CX) instead of 7F 2F (ZYX) and changed the resource pictures to show the CopterX ones.

I am still waiting for the Tarot Bluetooth interface to arrive to test, but I expect it will work. I also need to know if there are any other parameter differences between CX and ZYX or if that is all that is needed. I am attaching the app if anyone wants to give it a try. I used EasyApkDisassembler.V1.3.2 to disassemble, and then rebuild/sign the app. You can disassemble both this app and the ZYX to compare the differences. It runs fine on my DNA. Can't wait to try it with the Bluetooth interface!

I was unable to crossflash the CX, and unwilling to accept that I could not use the android app with the Bluetooth interface I ordered!
___________________Good day, have u tested this as yet :-) ?
martino_numero is offline Find More Posts by martino_numero
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:45 AM
United States, IN, Cutler
Joined Jul 2014
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino_numero View Post
___________________Good day, have u tested this as yet :-) ?
I am still waiting for my Tarot Bluetooth interface to depart Hong Kong. I expect it will be a week or so more before I receive it. But in the mean-time, if anyone has tried this successfully, please post the results. I would be quite happy to see confirmation of a successful "connect". I have disassembled the apk to Java source also, so I can fairly easily make more adjustments as required.
doctorj46920 is offline Find More Posts by doctorj46920
Old Jul 21, 2014, 05:56 PM
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
894 Posts
man this s2 is bad to the bone with the kds n300 servos
i have the dolphin effect at 2:21 of this video but before the dolphin happened i pulled off my first funnel with this gyro i am so excited

guess i need to lower my gain

zyx-s2 =wc= first funnels thanks to NExT RC Simulator (3 min 55 sec)
wc_wickedclown is online now Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Old Jul 21, 2014, 07:07 PM
United States, IN, Cutler
Joined Jul 2014
3 Posts
Quote:
I am still waiting for my Tarot Bluetooth interface to depart Hong Kong. I expect it will be a week or so more before I receive it. But in the mean-time, if anyone has tried this successfully, please post the results. I would be quite happy to see confirmation of a successful "connect". I have disassembled the apk to Java source also, so I can fairly easily make more adjustments as required.
The waiting is over. I received the Bluetooth interface today, and was pleased to find that it connected to my CX-3X1000 and reported the correct version 2.1! I have also learned my lesson, when connecting the Bluetooth if it asks for a pin... CANCEL! The app already knows the pin. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to undo that one on the phone.

So, it connects fine and shows what appears to be correct setup data on all of the pages. The only thing I have noticed so far is that the AILERON and RUDDER show reversed in the signal monitor. I assume that is an actual difference between Tarot and CX and not that I have some kind of double-reversal in my setup from using both CX and patched Tarot PC applications?

If anyone knows of any other issues/differences, please post and I'll see if I can easily correct them. The first version changes nothing other than the communication headers so it can connect properly, so any other Tarot/CX differences are NOT accounted for. I don't know what these are yet.
doctorj46920 is offline Find More Posts by doctorj46920
Old Sep 29, 2014, 08:07 PM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
hacked app for cx-3x1000

Quote:
I patched the ZYX Droid 4.01 app for use with the CX-3X1000 yesterday. I changed the serial prompt / response to use 7F 0F (CX) instead of 7F 2F (ZYX) and changed the resource pictures to show the CopterX ones.

I am still waiting for the Tarot Bluetooth interface to arrive to test, but I expect it will work. I also need to know if there are any other parameter differences between CX and ZYX or if that is all that is needed. I am attaching the app if anyone wants to give it a try. I used EasyApkDisassembler.V1.3.2 to disassemble, and then rebuild/sign the app. You can disassemble both this app and the ZYX to compare the differences. It runs fine on my DNA. Can't wait to try it with the Bluetooth interface!

I was unable to crossflash the CX, and unwilling to accept that I could not use the android app with the Bluetooth interface I ordered!
Ok, have you test flown the cx-3x1000 with these settings from the app as yet?
martino_numero is offline Find More Posts by martino_numero
Last edited by martino_numero; Sep 29, 2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: forgot to write something