HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2005, 02:54 AM
Birmingham / England
Joined Feb 2003
483 Posts
UK scale indoor event with pictures

Here are some pictures for you to drool over, taken at the BMFA indoor event held at the “Cocks Moors Woods Leisure Centre” in Birmingham U.K. on 13 February, on a chilly, windy day, So ‘indoors’ was the place to be. Normally the winter event is held at Allumwell which is no longer available on Sundays. This hall is of a similiar size but has a less obstructed ceiling. Many of the well known faces were there, including Pete Smart with his amazing ME 323 Gigant, which took a bit of coaxing to get in a good flight because of a faulty motor. The entries was dissapointing in peanut - with five and there were only two in pistachio, which made it more relaxing for the judges and made more time available for fun flying and trimming. Loads of spectators turned up and chairs were available if needed. The standard of detail on the models was incredible and the relaxed atmosphere made the event very enjoyable. It is hoped to book the event here again next year, so why not keep space in your calender for this centrally placed event.

The other Graham

1. Hornet moth by Derek Knight
2. Me 323 Gigant 48” span Pete Smart
3. Selection of mainly peanuts
4.& 5 Curtis F9C Sparrowhawk by Mike Stuart
Graham Smith is offline Find More Posts by Graham Smith
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2005, 02:57 AM
Birmingham / England
Joined Feb 2003
483 Posts
6. Kitfox
7. Tigermoth
8. Albatross by Peter Iliffe’s
9. Hall
Old Feb 17, 2005, 12:39 PM
Leicester England
Joined Jun 2001
591 Posts
Nice picies
These are all free flight I assume, mostly wubber power

What did you enter?

Mark
aeronutz is offline Find More Posts by aeronutz
Old Feb 18, 2005, 03:09 AM
Birmingham / England
Joined Feb 2003
483 Posts
Mark,
Yes, they are all free flight. The peanuts are rubber and the others are a mixture of wubber and helectric!.
The albatross is CO2, it flew really well. Many of the Models are on Mike Stuarts web site. which will give more details. He has started a great feature on 'how to build scale models'.
I was helping out with the static judging. so Ididn't enter. anyway I havn't got anything that can remotely compete with any of the models seen on Sunday. That's why I had access to the models for photographing. although I havn't worked out how to get good flying shots with my digital camera yet.
Slightly off topic, I havnt been able to open the monthly newsletters on your web site. Has there been only one this winter? It was your site that get me into micro models - I got a lot of information and enjoyment from reading the goings on in 'Aeronutz' land - and the fashion tips!

The other Graham
Last edited by Graham Smith; Feb 18, 2005 at 03:11 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 03:48 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
9,904 Posts
Fabulous models. Certainly enough to put me off imagining that I could ever build scale models . One of these years I'll remember that the meeting is on and get along there. Perhaps you could post a note here just before next year's meeting (or I could buy a diary ).

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick