HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:09 AM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrnone View Post
He said BNF (w/o battery and charger) you are saying PNP (w/o Rx, batt and charger)..................
And to some extent, my answer was in regard to HH and multiple PNs - I agree PNP Visionaire is out of the question due to the AS3X functions integrated in the receiver, but since HH have a tradition of doing multiple variants of their planes, I do not think a BnF Basic version is that unprobable...
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:33 AM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,628 Posts
WHAT A GREAT PLANE ,,JUST LIKE IT IS...................
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:31 AM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
LHS said maybe they will come today. I'm sure hoping... I'll probably head over there anyway as I think I'm going to pick up a DLE20 for my 60 sized aeroworks edge 540t. Maybe he'll have a visionaire surprise waiting for me as well!

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:33 PM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
How about if we just agree to disagree?

I can agree that you missed the point.
Var. is offline Find More Posts by Var.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:34 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Heads up for canadian: Most Great Hobbies stores got one each recently...
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:16 PM
Certified Propellerhead
Copenhagen, Denmark
Joined Mar 2001
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround View Post
Has anybody tried the aircraft with bigger capacity 3S cells like 2600 or even 3300? They would give a longer duration but I am unclear how badly, if at all, the CG would be affected.
I would love to know too.
I have the model. Actually had it for a week now, but the weather (and work) is preventing me from trying it. And today I picked up two 2600 packs, with the intent of using them in the VisionAire. I just don't know if it is wise to do so, or not
Mikael Pedersen is offline Find More Posts by Mikael Pedersen
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:18 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var. View Post
I can agree that you missed the point.

Super, given that you chose not to clarify what I simply restated that you clearly and plainly said yourself, essentially:

"I'm going to cut off my nose to spite my face, then report on it loudly and publicly to people who still have their noses."

Do you really want to extend this further?
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:27 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Pedersen View Post
I would love to know too.
I have the model. Actually had it for a week now, but the weather (and work) is preventing me from trying it. And today I picked up two 2600 packs, with the intent of using them in the VisionAire. I just don't know if it is wise to do so, or not
Just put em in and check the cg with your fingers. Adjust bat location as needed.
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:06 PM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post

Super, given that you chose not to clarify what I simply restated that you clearly and plainly said yourself, essentially:

"I'm going to cut off my nose to spite my face, then report on it loudly and publicly to people who still have their noses."

Do you really want to extend this further?
I'd be glad to clarify it. I'll send you a PM
Var. is offline Find More Posts by Var.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:19 PM
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
GOT MINE. Will assemble and bind it up tonight and hopefully get a test flight or three in tomorrow! Giddy up!!!

Tom
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:03 PM
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Ok I put her together and just bound it up, and rudder seems to have full throws, ailerons move quite a bit, but the elevator servo barely moves. I have not set anything up in the tx yet, I would expect this to have full throws until I set up travel etc... Anyone else see this? I took off the control horn and it doesn't seem to be binding, the servo only moves it maybe an eighth of an inch in either direction... Ideas?...

T.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:08 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,628 Posts
SET UP YOUR TX,,,,,then re read manual
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:21 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
Ok I put her together and just bound it up, and rudder seems to have full throws, ailerons move quite a bit, but the elevator servo barely moves. I have not set anything up in the tx yet, I would expect this to have full throws until I set up travel etc... Anyone else see this? I took off the control horn and it doesn't seem to be binding, the servo only moves it maybe an eighth of an inch in either direction... Ideas?...

T.
Are you using a DX6I by chance??? Mine did the same thing when it was in GF mode.. Sounds like yours is in GF mode now. All I had to do was flip the Channel 5 / Gear switch to put it in 3D mode.. You'll have full use of the elevator there.
I have no problem taking off and even doing some scale flying in 3D Low Rates and you can even do a lot of simple 3D stuff in low rates as well.. Low rates are set at 70%.. High Rates are 100%.. I don't even use the GF mode anymore for that same reason of not having much elevator..
Cloud_Buster is offline Find More Posts by Cloud_Buster
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:41 PM
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Buster View Post
Are you using a DX6I by chance??? Mine did the same thing when it was in GF mode.. Sounds like yours is in GF mode now. All I had to do was flip the Channel 5 / Gear switch to put it in 3D mode.. You'll have full use of the elevator there.
I have no problem taking off and even doing some scale flying in 3D Low Rates and you can even do a lot of simple 3D stuff in low rates as well.. Low rates are set at 70%.. High Rates are 100%.. I don't even use the GF mode anymore for that same reason of not having much elevator..
DX8 but also just tried my DX7S. I'll try flipping the gear switch. Just had to disconnect the motor as my wife was about to kill me from initializing it over and over, that motor is LOUD when beeping!!!

Tom
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:51 PM
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Buster View Post
AND we have a winner! Gear switch did it. I reversed the gear channel so it's by default in 3D mode. No idea why it defaults to that goofy anemic mode. SO glad. Now I just have to cut off the EC3' and solder on deans and she'll be set for tomorrow!

Tom