HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:03 AM
Quad Pilot
Ferndale Wa
Joined Apr 2009
295 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
Hey guys, I received my Armattan quads today in the mail and here is my CNC 355 all built and ready to go. I went with the esc's on top of the arms. It has 2822/12 1800kv motors, RCX 20 amp esc's flashed with SimonK firmware, KK 2.0 w/ 1.4 firmware, 9045 props, 2200 mAh 3S 50-90C.

I call him Superman because of the red and blue props. I fired it up in the dining room and this quad has some good power. Video tomorrow!
Great looking quad, I look forward to the flight video, cant wait to get mine in!
ShawnG is offline Find More Posts by ShawnG
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme1 View Post
Great looking quad, I look forward to the flight video, cant wait to get mine in!
Hi,

I just finished packing yours and a bunch of other ones. Off to the post office tomorrow at lunch time. I'll send you a tracking number after work tomorrow night.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
Here's a few more tricks I'm working on practicing. I'm starting to finally understand why Warthox doesn't need to use colored props. Colored props are not needed, and neither is any coloring on the arms for orientation if you remain in control and never stop using cyclic input. The quad just keeps going where you want it to and THAT is your primary source of orientation. It's when you let go of the cyclic momentarily that colored arms and props are required to stay oriented.

Best,
Chris

CNC 325 Part 2 (6 min 44 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:18 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Very nice Chris. What is that move at 4:27 called?
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:26 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
USA, WA, Spokane
Joined Nov 2003
1,234 Posts
Trader Rating: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Here's a few more tricks I'm working on practicing. I'm starting to finally understand why Warthox doesn't need to use colored props. Colored props are not needed, and neither is any coloring on the arms for orientation if you remain in control and never stop using cyclic input. The quad just keeps going where you want it to and THAT is your primary source of orientation. It's when you let go of the cyclic momentarily that colored arms and props are required to stay oriented.

Best,
Chris

http://youtu.be/4frC6geaG8w
Colored props, colored arms, and lights will not help if you fly it into the sun. Ask me how I know. good thing I have 4 more Armattan quads to fly.

Oops,

Jim
Jim Frahm is online now Find More Posts by Jim Frahm
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Very nice Chris. What is that move at 4:27 called?
I dunno if it has a name. Delayed flip, maybe? A stall? No idea.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:45 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme1 View Post
Thank you and you are def going to love it. Has it arrived yet? I'm in the middle of the country and it took only 7 days for my packages to get here from Chris.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:26 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,444 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Oh whee my batteries and servo wires are in Montreal. I ordered from hobby king and it's taking a lot longer than I had expected. It took more than a week for the tracking number to show up on the tracking sites. The latest shipment I even upgraded shipping but it hasn't become trackable at all yet. They could learn speedy shipping from Chris for sure. At least I have a chance to look around the KK2 menus and play around with the devo. I think I need an rc heli theory book that goes through all the terms and processes so I don't send the helicopter through the roof.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:18 PM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
305 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Thank you and you are def going to love it. Has it arrived yet? I'm in the middle of the country and it took only 7 days for my packages to get here from Chris.
Sniff, I am at 8 days and it doesn't even indicate it has left Taiwan according to USPS tracking (Origin post is preparing the shipment).

Thurmond
T3PRanch is offline Find More Posts by T3PRanch
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:21 PM
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Joined Feb 2004
158 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
Its left already, I think what happens is it gets caught up in customs in the US. Then, it gets released and then recorded into the USPS system. It usually take about 8-10 days, then it will show up about 3-5 days later after it shows in the system. Maybe sooner if you live closer to CA.
noahb is online now Find More Posts by noahb
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:22 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
Sniff, I am at 8 days and it doesn't even indicate it has left Taiwan according to USPS tracking (Origin post is preparing the shipment).

Thurmond
Mine said the same thing until the day it showed up. Didn't even look like it had left Taiwan yet. I bet it will be there soon. Hang in there, it's worth the wait!
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:26 PM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
305 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Mine said the same thing until the day it showed up. Didn't even look like it had left Taiwan yet. I bet it will be there soon. Hang in there, it's worth the wait!
Cool, cause my 54th B-day is Friday.

Thurmond
T3PRanch is offline Find More Posts by T3PRanch
Last edited by T3PRanch; Dec 05, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:09 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,418 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Quote:

Thurmond
Trust me! It'll be a gift you'll absolutely love! Happy B-day in advance!
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:24 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
Quote:

Thurmond
So just a spring chicken, then.

Hope you get it on time, Sir. Have a good one.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
@ lostheli,

Your PM inbox is full. Couldn't send you shipping notice.

OK, I updated the first page and sent shipped notice to everyone. The rest of the orders should all go out next Tuesday. Except maybe the one order with iodized arms. That might not be ready on time but probably will be shipped before the end of the week, I hope.

Creepy 1, did not ship yours today. I'll explain why via PM after work this evening. It will go out next Tuesday for sure but you might be happy to wait.... I'll talk to you tonight.

Thanks for your patience, guys.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread