HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2011, 02:56 PM
Joined Oct 2007
263 Posts
Discussion
Custom Hpi RS32 Bodies mounted

Here are my 2 new HPI RS 32 R/C cars with Scalextric 1/32 slot bodies mounted on. I used the stock mounting large clip assembly and had to adapt it to fit onto these newer ones. These Cars ar GREAT fun and are very precice with Throttle and Steering. Independant front and t-plate rear suspension. I race Dnano's and Mini-Z's and these RS32 cars fit perfecly on my track. NICE price and 2.4ghz all included in the BOX....Cant go wrong. Some probably do not think they are fast enough but I feel they are very scale and perform very well and if you have 2 or more, well, you are racing! Nice to have both cars the exact same speed so it is DRIVER only advantage....Get them while you can!

I will post pics on my website for show and tell only......
Visit www.vigilante-rc.com to see updates and pictures of "What's New"

Steven
Vigilante R/C
vigilante-rc is offline Find More Posts by vigilante-rc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2011, 09:20 AM
Joined Feb 2011
1 Posts
Is compatible with Spectrum transmitters?
josemanu is offline Find More Posts by josemanu
Old Feb 14, 2011, 01:22 PM
Joined Oct 2007
263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josemanu View Post
Is compatible with Spectrum transmitters?
I dont think so. I wish it was, but I have not tried to bind it yet to one.
You may want to give HPI Customer Support an email to see for sure.
If I get the chance I will try it with my Spektrum TX.
Steven
Vigilante R/C
Last edited by vigilante-rc; Feb 17, 2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 01:50 PM
Joined Oct 2007
263 Posts
New Citroen WRC Body on HPI RS32

I am sure you figured out I like WRC cars (Nascar Stinks). Any way this is my third body to fit the great HPI RS32 Chassis. It fits the best and is the lightest one even over the stock body.

Take a Look at my WRC (World Rally Championship) line up!

Steven
Vigilante R/C
Last edited by vigilante-rc; Feb 14, 2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 04:43 PM
Joined Oct 2007
263 Posts
Here is the video of my new HPI RS32 with custom bodies

Here is the video link for RS-32 running on track.

Hpi Rs32 Micro running on track HPI RS 32 Custom Bodies (1 min 25 sec)

Steven Vigilante R/C
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:36 PM
Joined Jan 2002
104 Posts
I just picked up an RS32...been watching this product for about 18 months and was thrilled to see HPI releasing these in the states. While I was assembling mine, I tried to bind my Spektrum TX to the RS32...no go.

Nice conversions Steve and very cool table-top micro track ;-)

Best regards!
WrongwayFeldman is offline Find More Posts by WrongwayFeldman
Old Feb 18, 2011, 07:48 AM
Joined Oct 2007
263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongwayFeldman View Post
I just picked up an RS32...been watching this product for about 18 months and was thrilled to see HPI releasing these in the states. While I was assembling mine, I tried to bind my Spektrum TX to the RS32...no go.

Nice conversions Steve and very cool table-top micro track ;-)

Best regards!
Thanks on the conversion and track feedback, Good to know about the Spektrum thing . About the car, it has one annoying feature....when you take the body off be carefull not to pull on the rear axle pod too much..the small coil spring for the rear suspension can just fall right off the shaft. I do no use the body removal tool as I find it less than handy. I use my fingers to spread the body out and pull the chassis out.
In doing so the spring has come free one too many time!!! Good luck with your car!! I took mine to the Mini-Z racing track in Ann Arbor and lots of guys like driving them...
Steven
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:01 AM
Joined Jan 2002
104 Posts
Yeah - the body removal tool doesn't work for me very well, although I noticed it's getting easier with use.

Hey Steve, where did you get your ball bearings for this vehicle and thanks for taking the time to share the dimensions on these!

Mark
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:39 AM
Joined Oct 2007
263 Posts
Quote:
Yeah - the body removal tool doesn't work for me very well, although I noticed it's getting easier with use.

Hey Steve, where did you get your ball bearings for this vehicle and thanks for taking the time to share the dimensions on these!

Mark
The ball bearings for the rear I had from old MINI-Z parts bin.
The fronts are another story, as I have not purchased them due to cost.
I found a 10 pack on Ebay for about $50.00.....that would do 2 cars front ends. I may pop for them eventually!
Check my website as I may add more pics and Ideas for the cars in my "What's New Page".

www.vigilante-rc.com

I am glad to help. If the cars were not any good, I am sure I would not put too much work into them.............Good thing they are cool!

I hope you enjoy your car as much as I do.
Steven
Last edited by vigilante-rc; Feb 18, 2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:16 PM
Joined Jan 2002
104 Posts
Hey Steve - cool little cottage biz you have there; the suspended landing gear is very nicely made and clever and I dig the PZ UM Suk decals - I have the first generation Suk and the newer T-28 in my hanger and I am patiently waiting for the F4U Corsair which should start shipping this spring!

Thanks for the bearing info...if I come across a more cost effective bearing supply - I'll make it a point to give you the heads up ;-)

Mark
Old Feb 18, 2011, 01:37 PM
Joined Oct 2007
263 Posts
Quote:
Hey Steve - cool little cottage biz you have there; the suspended landing gear is very nicely made and clever and I dig the PZ UM Suk decals - I have the first generation Suk and the newer T-28 in my hanger and I am patiently waiting for the F4U Corsair which should start shipping this spring!

Thanks for the bearing info...if I come across a more cost effective bearing supply - I'll make it a point to give you the heads up ;-)

Mark
Thanks Mark, Yes it is fun to make low volume custom parts. That Corsair should be a nice one. I like it more than the Mustang they have.
Keep me posted on anything you find out.
Steven
Old Feb 19, 2011, 02:49 PM
Joined Jan 2002
104 Posts
Hi Steve,

Quick question for you...have you noticed any dithering or difficulty getting your RS32's to track properly at neutral steering??? Mine seems to wonder a bit at times when the steering input is centered.

Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 06:26 PM
Joined Oct 2007
263 Posts
Quote:
Hi Steve,

Quick question for you...have you noticed any dithering or difficulty getting your RS32's to track properly at neutral steering??? Mine seems to wonder a bit at times when the steering input is centered.

Thanks!
Actually mine both track straight as an arrow when re-centered. I would take the servo out and see if it centers by itself. I say this because the long
pin on the steering servo may be getting hung up in the groove on the steering tie rod bar. One of mine is a little snug. You may need to take an exacto knife and clear it out just a tad. If you take the servo out first you may see that is the servo first before you commit to cutting the grove bigger.
Let me know what happens.
Steven
Old Feb 19, 2011, 06:44 PM
Joined Jan 2002
104 Posts
I too noticed that my tie bar "prong" was really snug when I slide the pin in - I'll check that out.

Thanks for info...BTW I switched the pinion to the 9 tooth, she really scoots now ;-))

Mark
Old Feb 19, 2011, 06:55 PM
Joined Oct 2007
263 Posts
Oh yes, the 9 tooth......needed for real fun!!
I hope you get the steering sorted out!!
Steven