HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:34 PM
Always puts it on the numbers.
Spookeay's Avatar
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,116 Posts
I will tell you guys. Always wear safety glasses when flying or working on your birds. I do this and have been doing it for a long time. There is just a thread on the micro site where A guy got it in the eye and is pretty messed up and another that lost his eye........ That;s why I don't get into the Toy or not a toy debates. I think all hobby class rc's are dangerous and should be treated with the respect you treat a gun with... I was cut up pretty bad early on by a large RC plane, Almost got my femoral artery setting Indian style in front of it working on it with the blade on. Lesson learned from then on. These things are DANGEROUS!
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:39 PM
Mr. Crash and Burn
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookeay View Post
I will tell you guys. Always wear safety glasses when flying or working on your birds. I do this and have been doing it for a long time. There is just a thread on the micro site where A guy got it in the eye and is pretty messed up and another that lost his eye........ That;s why I don't get into the Toy or not a toy debates. I think all hobby class rc's are dangerous and should be treated with the respect you treat a gun with... I was cut up pretty bad early on by a large RC plane, Almost got my femoral artery setting Indian style in front of it working on it with the blade on. Lesson learned from then on. These things are DANGEROUS!
yes i agree with you they are very dangerous....I think my esc has a problem with it cause my tx settings are correct i first thought i was in id mode but i checked i was in norm mode..It really didnt matter what mode i was in soon as you let off the throttlle hold button bam she was wide open...What else is funny is i have to put my mode in the tx as mode 1 if i put it in mode two the controls are switch but its a mode two tx i guess the software is sketchy
Dweenie is offline Find More Posts by Dweenie
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2003
590 Posts
saw tip,while testingfor this ,first swap 2 moter wires so if moter spools up its wrong
direction,heli has one way bearing.may see a friction drag response ,rotor slowly
spin backward ,but no real power behind that.be a safer way to get the esc problem
delt whith .
mdugas is offline Find More Posts by mdugas
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:44 PM
Registered User
fball1208's Avatar
United States, PA, Latrobe
Joined Sep 2011
76 Posts
Help please, had to put a new tail servo on now i cant get it to hold. As soon as i spool up it slowly starts spining left if looking at tail. Any links or help is appriciated.
fball1208 is offline Find More Posts by fball1208
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:07 PM
Mr. Crash and Burn
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fball1208 View Post
Help please, had to put a new tail servo on now i cant get it to hold. As soon as i spool up it slowly starts spining left if looking at tail. Any links or help is appriciated.
did you center your rudder servo if its centered then check to see if your gyro is working correctly if it is adjust your sub trim for that channel till you get the tail to lock
Dweenie is offline Find More Posts by Dweenie
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:47 PM
Registered User
fball1208's Avatar
United States, PA, Latrobe
Joined Sep 2011
76 Posts
Thanks ill have to check the centering again hopefully that helps
fball1208 is offline Find More Posts by fball1208
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:55 PM
Registered User
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,599 Posts
Shouldn't we avoid using ANY trim or subtrim on a gyro controlled channel? This will be seen as an input by the gyro and next time it initializes, it will be seen as the new center, negating any positive effect. The problem lies elsewhere. The tail has been the most troubling part of the 450 for me, I must admit.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:06 PM
Mr. Crash and Burn
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Shouldn't we avoid using ANY trim or subtrim on a gyro controlled channel? This will be seen as an input by the gyro and next time it initializes, it will be seen as the new center, negating any positive effect. The problem lies elsewhere. The tail has been the most troubling part of the 450 for me, I must admit.
what i did was made sure the servo was setting dead center then slid the servo mount on the boom till i corrected my tail issue and had to go one click on the tx trim to get it to lock in
Dweenie is offline Find More Posts by Dweenie
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:53 AM
Registered User
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,599 Posts
But that trim IS negated once you initialize again, you know that right?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:04 AM
Texas NewB
Black_heart's Avatar
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
But that trim IS negated once you initialize again, you know that right?
Not on the zd gyros
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:46 PM
Registered User
fball1208's Avatar
United States, PA, Latrobe
Joined Sep 2011
76 Posts
Wow thanks been at it now for a couple hours and still cant get the PITA tail right. I may just start over and see what happens
fball1208 is offline Find More Posts by fball1208
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:33 PM
Mr. Crash and Burn
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fball1208 View Post
Wow thanks been at it now for a couple hours and still cant get the PITA tail right. I may just start over and see what happens
you can also check and make sure the set screw that mounts the tail rotor head to the shaft isnt loose and causing the head to slip on the shaft.. Thats what happend to mine causing the tail to go into full pitch and hitting me in the face
Dweenie is offline Find More Posts by Dweenie
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:10 AM
Registered User
fball1208's Avatar
United States, PA, Latrobe
Joined Sep 2011
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweenie View Post
you can also check and make sure the set screw that mounts the tail rotor head to the shaft isnt loose and causing the head to slip on the shaft.. Thats what happend to mine causing the tail to go into full pitch and hitting me in the face


Ouch hope id didnt cause much injury. Ill check that when i get a chance, Weathers been bad here and havnt had a chance to spool it up again. Hate doing it indoors incase something goes wrong
fball1208 is offline Find More Posts by fball1208
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:42 PM
Retired Old Guy
whitehedr's Avatar
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Jan 2012
607 Posts
I finally got some time to work on my flyin' machines after my Snowbird migration to Casa Grande, Az. I put the props on my Witespy 450 with Quadrino Zoom controller and successfully hovered it. Next I put the tail boom on my Hausler and spun it up sans mains. OK, so I put the mains on and had fun hovering it. ( Have not flown since Early November). Next up was my EXI 500. Followed the same process for the 500 as I did on the Hausler. It flys nice.

Next on the agenda is getting my Hausler crash kit flying. I plan on putting it into a RCAerodyne UH1-N fuselage with a Robird G31 FBL Controller. I just want to get the mechanics working correctly while I am in AZ for the winter. I will put the fuse on when I get home in May. I plan on painting the Huey in a US Coast Guard scheme for visibility.

I will try and post some pictures of my progress on the Huey build.

RWW
whitehedr is offline Find More Posts by whitehedr
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:42 PM
Mr. Crash and Burn
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
any one have any idea why my stock tx is a mode 2 but in the software i have to set it to mode one to work cause if i leave it mode 2 in the software the left and right stick is reversed ...And another problem is my esc is stuck in program mode and won't come out using the tx....any ideas
Dweenie is offline Find More Posts by Dweenie
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review Cermark Hausler 450 SE V2 koppterX 3D Electric Heli Flying 393 Jun 19, 2013 05:54 PM
Sold hausler 450 rtf heli new in box dennishobbies Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 22 Jun 02, 2012 03:12 PM
New Product hausler 450 rtf heli dennishobbies Hot Online Deals 8 Jan 30, 2011 07:48 PM
Sold FS: RTF Align Trex 450 V2, DX7 OCFly Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jan 10, 2011 11:24 AM
Off Site Align T-Rex 450 SE V2 Complete RTF RC Helicopter Tom Z Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Sep 25, 2010 08:07 PM