HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:43 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
BJ64's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,500 Posts
Yiros and Beer would do me *burp*

BJ
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:06 AM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
SKYPILEIT's Avatar
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,249 Posts
what...you never slept on the side of a cliff.?






(neither have I)
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:31 AM
I used to be all thumbs...
NumbSkull's Avatar
United States, KS, Pittsburg
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
I love that the girl is reading a book.

"So, what did you do this weekend?"

"Oh, not much, just went for a little hike and read a book"
NumbSkull is offline Find More Posts by NumbSkull
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:13 PM
Motto - fly it, crash it = fun
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2007
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumbSkull View Post
I love that the girl is reading a book.

"So, what did you do this weekend?"

"Oh, not much, just went for a little hike and read a book"
The book was probably "How To Climb Down".
fs2flyer is offline Find More Posts by fs2flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:29 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
bsbauman's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,294 Posts
There is no climbing down from that; one way out- Up.

Likely that was on the west face of El Capitan; an elite few can do it in a day, most take 2-5 days, one person (alex honnold) has climbed it without ropes... I love this shite
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:32 PM
fix-it-up chappie
tolladay's Avatar
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT View Post
what...you never slept on the side of a cliff.?






(neither have I)
That photo was shot on the rather famous El Capitan in Yosemite National Park. Its about 3k feet of vertical granite, with 2-3 major routes up. With a pair of binoculars you can watch the climbers during the day (especially in the summer) and often see their lamps at night. It usually takes several days to scale the surface, depending upon one's strength and what kind of assist one is using, so sleeping on the surface is common.
tolladay is offline Find More Posts by tolladay
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:35 PM
Registered User
stevenmurrell's Avatar
Garden Grove, CA
Joined Mar 2010
408 Posts
I think the guy is just trying to figure out how many people he could splash with his pee.............
stevenmurrell is offline Find More Posts by stevenmurrell
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:56 PM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
SKYPILEIT's Avatar
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolladay View Post
That photo was shot on the rather famous El Capitan in Yosemite National Park. Its about 3k feet of vertical granite, with 2-3 major routes up. With a pair of binoculars you can watch the climbers during the day (especially in the summer) and often see their lamps at night. It usually takes several days to scale the surface, depending upon one's strength and what kind of assist one is using, so sleeping on the surface is common.
several days... I had no idea.

Thanks tolladay.
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:09 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
If you ever see ME on the side of a mountain, rest assured there is a wrecked car or airplane or helicopter nearby!
Bob HSG is online now Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:09 PM
Who, ME?
dll932's Avatar
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
298 Posts
...not even if it would help the Space Program!
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:18 PM
Registered User
Ron H's Avatar
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
3,927 Posts
Who took the photo, a passerby?
Ron H is offline Find More Posts by Ron H
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:57 PM
fix-it-up chappie
tolladay's Avatar
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H View Post
Who took the photo, a passerby?
There is a lot of traffic up the face of El Cap in the summer, and as a rule, climbers are helpful to each other while on a pitch. I don't know if this helpfulness extends to letting someone borrow your girlfriend, or your bed.
tolladay is offline Find More Posts by tolladay
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:09 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolladay View Post
There is a lot of traffic up the face of El Cap in the summer, and as a rule, climbers are helpful to each other while on a pitch. I don't know if this helpfulness extends to letting someone borrow your girlfriend, or your bed.
Do Eskimos climb mountains?
Bob HSG is online now Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:33 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
Do Eskimos climb mountains?
Only when polar bears chase them.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:46 PM
Flip rrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRrrrrrrr
Chophop's Avatar
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,540 Posts
That cliff hanger really makes the rocks roll.
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Last edited by Chophop; Dec 06, 2012 at 06:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! part II genovia Parkflyers 4 Feb 25, 2014 08:02 AM
Help! fooltaba 7c part II sky'hi' Hand Launch 6 Oct 20, 2010 09:41 AM