HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:39 PM
"Fly"Fisherman
Guntersville, AL
Joined Jun 2004
695 Posts
Discussion
Gladiators of the sky

Bernd Brunner alerted us to the live coverage of Grand Prix racing in Chile back in January of this year. Well, there is a video out now with some interesting footage in this trailer. There are some other neat follow-up clips on the same "Gladiator" page. Enjoy. (Makes me want to try triangle racing)
Asher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwselKBhK0E
Asher Carmichael is offline Find More Posts by Asher Carmichael
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:30 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Jan 2004
208 Posts
Ren Delio loaned me his copy of this excellent DVD on July 4th and I have watched it at least a half dozen times since then. It is excellent. If it doesn't get you excited about gps triangle racing, nothing will. It can be bought from here: http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/videos.htm and maybe some other places. If someone knows where it can be bought cheaper, please let us know.

I have been madly working away on getting some cheaper hardware to work with the Sky Navigator triangle racing software. I got the gps signal from the plane to the ground to work right away, but getting it into the PDA has proved more than frustrating. At the moment, I have one last thing to try (I don't have great expectations) and then I will have to rely on someone else figuring it out.

Anyway, back to the video. Buy it, you won't be sorry. Well, you'll be sorry you don't more opportunities to fly.
rshelby is offline Find More Posts by rshelby
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:45 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2005
43 Posts
Gladiators of the sky

Asher,
Excellent Video! Thanks for sharing.

Richard
RV4DRIVER is offline Find More Posts by RV4DRIVER
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:01 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Jan 2004
208 Posts
Doh!! I also meant to mention that this video is from the 2006 Grand Prix that was held in New Zealand. I have not been able to find anything else that is comparable for the GPs that have been held since. Does anyone know of any? It would be a shame if they developed this technology and only used it the one time for a full length show.

Thanks for bringing up the subject, Asher.
rshelby is offline Find More Posts by rshelby
Old Sep 01, 2010, 09:47 AM
yyz
USA, CA, Paso Robles
Joined Dec 2004
2,394 Posts
This makes me think that there is a DVD covering last year's Grand Prix in Chile:

GRAND PRIX CHILE 2009 TRAILER (English) (8 min 20 sec)

Haven't found it yet.
yyz is offline Find More Posts by yyz