HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2009, 03:40 AM
Gloucestershire, UK.
Joined May 2006
1,228 Posts
Hi Fast Freddy,
Great to see another Sealand taking shape. Using a jig for this build does make life easier! Are you fitting a water rudder or will you rely upon differential throttle?
Paul W.
paulbw is offline Find More Posts by paulbw
Old May 19, 2009, 06:31 AM
Madison, WI
Joined Feb 2004
862 Posts
Sealand 480

Hi Paul,
Thanks, this build was actually started in Aug. of 2007. Working has slowed me down something fierce. I teach orchestra, 5-8 grades in 3 different schools and the little darlings suck the life right out of me!

I've fashioned a water rudder as per instructions, but have not decided as of yet whether to go water rudder or differential thrust. Received a yes reply to my inquiry of Horizon Hobby as to whether the Spektrum DX7 is capable of differential thrust so it's up to me at this point. Anyone have any strong opinions/feelings on this issue?
Fast Freddy is offline Find More Posts by Fast Freddy
Old May 19, 2009, 07:57 AM
Gloucestershire, UK.
Joined May 2006
1,228 Posts
Quote:
water rudder or differential thrust
Well, I'll own-up to intending to try both - having fitted a water rudder and my radio system being the same as yours!
Paul W.
(Teaching is its own reward..!)
paulbw is offline Find More Posts by paulbw
Old May 19, 2009, 08:26 AM
Two left thumbs
Muncie, IN
Joined Sep 2006
4,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbw
(Teaching is its own reward..!)
Spoken like a true masochist. But yes, good to see another of Ivan's waterbirds here!

Geoff
GeoffinIN is offline Find More Posts by GeoffinIN
Old May 19, 2009, 01:15 PM
Joined May 2001
2,902 Posts
Great Freddy! Looking forward to seeing all your progress documented. I've gotten this new thread added to the list over in the Ivan thread too.

Luke
LukeZ is offline Find More Posts by LukeZ
Old May 20, 2009, 10:37 AM
Joined May 2001
2,902 Posts
It's nice to meet Milo! Over the years I can't count how many felines I have seen photos of, inspecting their owner's labors in the workshop. They're pretty good company for a modeler, given they don't talk much... but sometimes they want to sit in an inconvenient spot, or jump over fragile balsa assemblies...

Luke
LukeZ is offline Find More Posts by LukeZ
Old May 21, 2009, 04:13 AM
Madison, WI
Joined Feb 2004
862 Posts
Sealand 480

Thanks Luke, Milo also loves to chew on 3/16"x3/16" longerons!
Paulbw: "Teaching has its own rewards". You're absolutely right Paul. 3 of those rewards are right around the corner and they are big: June, July and August!! More photos soon.
Old May 21, 2009, 05:01 PM
Limited experience so far
Tromsų in Norway
Joined Oct 2008
102 Posts
Hello nice photos.

Hello Fast Freddy
Your plane look great, and the photos are instructive. This seems to become a great thread.
I also use the magnetic building board, it is so nice. I have built myself anglefixures as well as the square fixures you use. the anglefixures are great for Ivans designs since the fuselage not always is square to the building board, the angle of the anglefixures are set according to the plans using an adjustable triangle. Since I`m a totally beginner when it comes to modelbuilding they help me a lot building straight, I have posted some images of them at the auster aiglet build threads. They are not my own patent, I guess you also have visited the
www.airfieldmodels.com
website. The anglefixure are designed by the same guy that has this homepage.
Looking forward to see your progress.
keep up the good work.
Best
Eystein
roffe_ek is offline Find More Posts by roffe_ek
Old May 21, 2009, 07:38 PM
Madison, WI
Joined Feb 2004
862 Posts
Eyestein, Thanks! I saw your angle fixture in the Auster build thread. Very nice, I might just make a few for myself. I too built the magnetic building system from Airfield Models design. Great system, much better than pins. More photos very soon.
Old May 21, 2009, 07:47 PM
Two left thumbs
Muncie, IN
Joined Sep 2006
4,233 Posts
I'm a magnetic board user too, but I haven't invested in adjustable angle fixtures. The two of Ivan's plans that I have both have square sides.

Keep the good photos coming, FF!

Geoff
GeoffinIN is offline Find More Posts by GeoffinIN
Old May 21, 2009, 07:53 PM
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Joined Apr 2000
1,759 Posts
"It's nice to meet Milo! Over the years I can't count how many felines I have seen photos of, inspecting their owner's labors in the workshop. They're pretty good company for a modeler, given they don't talk much... but sometimes they want to sit in an inconvenient spot, or jump over fragile balsa assemblies..."

Yep - when I get a visit from "Ninja" all work has to stop until sufficint head scratching has been provided or my feet will get clamped to the floor.
teamdavey is online now Find More Posts by teamdavey