Oct 03, 2012, 06:48 PM
3d addict
Hmm the foam on that one looks thinner? Could be just the picture. Looks real nice though. Can't wait for more details.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2012, 07:14 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777
Hey guys,

We're in the process of testing a different version of the Crack Yak. We just got the first production prototypes and are currently flight testing them, getting the manual ready, stocking the power systems and generally getting the model exactly where we want it before we release it. That being said, we are close to getting it out to the world so I wanted to share with you a detailed photo that clearly demonstrates the qualities of the new plane.

One thing I will emphasize is that this is not a one for one replacement for the existing Crack Yak. It is something very different. More to come!
Hurray can't wait!
Oct 03, 2012, 07:14 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Is there an airplane in that photo?

I can't see it.......

Last edited by pugsam; Oct 03, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
Oct 03, 2012, 07:17 PM
TEAM TWISTED
We talked to Brad about this project yesterday... Without giving anything away, let's just say we are super excited... Credit Card is on Defcon 5 ready to launch into charge mode at a moments notice... Thanks for keeping things interesting you guys!!!
Oct 03, 2012, 07:21 PM
Just a bored guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien
Hmm the foam on that one looks thinner? Could be just the picture. Looks real nice though. Can't wait for more details.
That's the first thing I noticed too. What might the chances be of this being a depron precision model?
Oct 03, 2012, 08:18 PM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE
We talked to Brad about this project yesterday... Without giving anything away, let's just say we are super excited... Credit Card is on Defcon 5 ready to launch into charge mode at a moments notice... Thanks for keeping things interesting you guys!!!
Can't wait to see Arron tear it up with one of these!
Oct 03, 2012, 10:18 PM
TEAM TWISTED
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik
Can't wait to see Arron tear it up with one of these!
Can't wait... it'll be like YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAWWWWWWW!
Oct 04, 2012, 07:03 AM
Parkfly Padawan
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me
That's the first thing I noticed too. What might the chances be of this being a depron precision model?
I'm hoping it's EPP with the awesome RCF and Twisted bracing instead of all the carbon rods....

Yea... that model is H....OT! Can you tell us more about her too?
Oct 04, 2012, 07:53 AM
Build em lite......
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes
I'm hoping it's EPP with the awesome RCF and Twisted bracing instead of all the carbon rods....

Yea... that model is H....OT! Can you tell us more about her too?
I am betting on the following:
- Micro Ultra Lite Yak
- high quality shaved EPP with carbon fiber structural re-enforcing
- in the sub 50-60 grm AUW
- targeted at the indoor setting
Seems to be a market that TH/RCF has not hit as yet...maybe a natural?
Last edited by nkhamlue; Oct 04, 2012 at 08:02 AM.
Oct 04, 2012, 08:20 AM
Team Twisted!
all great guesses...!!
this one is going to be a great addition to the line-up...
stay tuned...
cdee
Last edited by cdee; Oct 04, 2012 at 11:50 AM.
Oct 04, 2012, 11:49 AM
If that's anywhere close it has me real intrigued now. That would put it in the realm of a true front room flyer surely. I hope that the use of carbon is restricted to main spars and such and we're not going back to crisscross carbon bracing. By the look of the photo I would think not.
Oct 04, 2012, 12:46 PM
Registered Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly
If that's anywhere close it has me real intrigued now. That would put it in the realm of a true front room flyer surely. I hope that the use of carbon is restricted to main spars and such and we're not going back to crisscross carbon bracing. By the look of the photo I would think not.
Really ? The one in the video next to the Pitts looks bigger than the Pitts
Oct 04, 2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris...
Really ? The one in the video next to the Pitts looks bigger than the Pitts
Yes the one in the video is but there are others in the works. I don't think that is the next one going to be released. I'm just going on the post quoted below and cdee's response to it. Who knows but whatever it is I'm sure it'll be good, the question is have I got more room for more planes or more likely how am I going to make room for more

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhamlue
I am betting on the following:
- Micro Ultra Lite Yak
- high quality shaved EPP with carbon fiber structural re-enforcing
- in the sub 50-60 grm AUW
- targeted at the indoor setting
Seems to be a market that TH/RCF has not hit as yet...maybe a natural?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee
all great guesses...!!
this one is going to be a great addition to the line-up...
stay tuned...
cdee
Oct 04, 2012, 01:51 PM
Registered Addict
Time to buy a bigger motor home mate me thinks
Oct 04, 2012, 02:01 PM
Funnily enough I've been toying with the idea of getting a box trailer to hang off the back of it

Quick Reply