SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 13, 2001, 11:36 PM
I'll have the roast duck
oakland, ca
Joined Jun 2001
296 Posts
pleaser 400

Does anybody know what type of material is used for the motor mount, and where can I get some? Seems to be some sort of thin fiberglass, I don't know. I keep knockin' mine off due to rough landings (attempted landings I should say) Thanks
maximus is offline Find More Posts by maximus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2001, 06:20 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,542 Posts
It looks like tempered fibergless. The type used on pprinted cirquit boards.

If the motor mount is still in good shape, take some 1/8 0r 3/16 stock and laminate the motor mount with a piece fore and aft of it. glue with ca and it should hold.
dr.E is offline Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Jul 14, 2001, 09:52 AM
Michigan
Joined Apr 2001
534 Posts
I'd modify the motor mount so that the motor is held by rubber bands. In this way rough landings just pop the motor out of position with no damage. I did this with my Mini Pleaser after breaking the motor mount many times. Works fine!
Rob Hair is offline Find More Posts by Rob Hair
Old Jul 21, 2001, 07:06 PM
Canton, MI USA
Joined Mar 2001
150 Posts
I broke off the mount on my Pleaser 400 and just CA'd it back on. Since nothing else really breaks when it comes off (e.g.fusalage tube, motor mount, prop or motor), I would just keep gluing it back on since it takes less than a minute.

Regards,
wattsup
wattsup is offline Find More Posts by wattsup