Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:32 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,866 Posts
As an afterthought to my above post, to add coolness the plane could come with a hook and items that can be picked up if you hook them. Or how about having them with an LED in front that is shooting a signal forward and one in the rear that would pick it up. Two would then fly in the same circle and if you hit the other guy with your LED "ray" have the esc do something like a motor pulse so you know you were hit. Modern combat if you were. There could be all sorts of "games" built into the plane .. spot landings, hitting ballons, etc. I can see the ad on TV now showing the planes dog fighting till one is hit and the one kids face lights up with the other frowns then laughs.
johnbyrne is online now Find More Posts by johnbyrne
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:28 PM
Will fly for food
Maryland
Joined Sep 2004
8,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne View Post
I told my daughter that if she likes guys paying attention to her that she should start flying PA. I've got to imagine that any girl flying PA would have every guy of any age watching and offering to help her out ha ha ha.
Unless she gets very good and out flies them.

We used to teach shooting. Mainly due to single woman friends who wanted to get started for personal protection. A couple found they really enjoyed it and starting shooting on a regular basis. They all told the same story, show up, get LOTS of attention. Then they would shoot, the guys would look at the targets, and fade away.
Pinecone is offline Find More Posts by Pinecone
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:30 PM
Will fly for food
Maryland
Joined Sep 2004
8,424 Posts
I would not want an integrated ESC/timer. Too limiting.

With a good timer, I can move up or down into power. I can change ESC brands for various features. And keep the superb timer. Integrated, any change, and you have to replace the entire setup.

And I like certain brands of ESCs, you probably like different ones. Choice with separates.
Pinecone is offline Find More Posts by Pinecone
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:23 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Jun 2010
1,303 Posts
I like John's idea about foamers. I've often thought of converting my Dad's recently wrecked Park Zone T-28 to C/L. An EDF C/L model would be really neat, too.
Chris...
stuntflyr is online now Find More Posts by stuntflyr
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:57 PM
Hey Now
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Joined Feb 2004
2,655 Posts
hel
speleopower is offline Find More Posts by speleopower
Last edited by speleopower; Feb 19, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Closed Thread