Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 26, 2011, 02:40 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,333 Posts
I want to go back and redo this plane when I have sometime I think I could make it fly even better with some mods!
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2011, 02:52 AM
jclassic1
New Houghton, Derbyshire, UK
Joined May 2006
1,382 Posts
If I can build one to fly anything like as good as your original I will be very happy.

John
jclassic1 is offline Find More Posts by jclassic1
Old Feb 02, 2011, 09:41 AM
pattern
Indiana
Joined Oct 2009
134 Posts
hey u guys how well does this fly
Matt51 is offline Find More Posts by Matt51
Old Feb 02, 2011, 10:25 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,333 Posts
If you build it light the planes performs just like it did in the video. sorry did not finish I added landing gear to offset the servo on top worked like a charm.
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tallflyer; Feb 03, 2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2011, 12:54 AM
UH-1 Gunship, AH-1G jock 69-71
So Cal ... Kingdom of Taxes
Joined Nov 2008
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer View Post
If you built it light performs just like it did in the video.
If you build it like the original planes, with the Aileron servo on the top wing... it will flip over like a dying cockroach.

It's horribly top heavy! The first one I built by the plans, I changed the name to SloRollover.

I redesigned the whole plane, changed the fin/rudder, size and shape of the wings, longitudinally reinforced the fuse with full lengths of 9mm EPP and moved everything electric towards the center line and CG.

NOW it does everything well besides hover (which it didn't do that well either, since it was top heavy and kept tipping over and rolling out and you had constantly fight it with with all the control surfaces.)

I've since gotten bored with it and moved on to an Ultimate 200 BiPe I designed from scratch. The Alpha model flew nice, the Beta is just wrapping up final fine tuning, then on to the final version - pretty accurate to scale, flies fast or slow, 100% 3D and still does VG pattern. It has wheels too.

Live and learn, it's what life is all about.
makeitworst is offline Find More Posts by makeitworst
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Jul 2012
24 Posts
Trainer conversion

Do you think it's possible add dihedral and minus the Aileron for a trainer that's great
rocklizard28 is offline Find More Posts by rocklizard28