SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 31, 2015, 06:40 PM
Find More Posts by Gravman
United States, TX, La Porte
Joined Apr 2007
1,742 Posts
Discussion
Graphics better over or under

Wanted to ask for opinions on graphic application. Is it better to apply the graphics first and then apply the top coats of your choice or wait until you have the final gloss polished out. Then apply the graphics on top. I can see how it might be better to protect the lettering under several coats clear but when you went to polish it out you would have to be careful not to cut to deep and ruin them. If you waited until after you had a nice gloss finish to apply them you would only have to worry about damage to the graphics during use. Ed C. does his this way. Easy enough to fix if they are on the surface but not so easy if they are clear coated. Humm what to do? Thanks for any input.
Gravman is offline Find More Posts by Gravman
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2015, 07:52 PM
Find More Posts by patmat2350
Vita ex Machinis
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
13,486 Posts
Polish, then stickers on top.

If you can make water slide decals, those could be overcoated... but apply them on a underlying clear coat.
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Old Aug 31, 2015, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by Tim B.
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Aug 2009
10,460 Posts
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:52 PM
Find More Posts by CaptCB
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2011
2,661 Posts
I clear coat, or Dullcoat, over any type of lettering, or logo's. Be it: water-slide decals, rub-on's, and even Vynal, or Mylar, peal-n-stick lettering. Looks better, and, they hold up, much better. Protects the lettering/signage, and, "seals" the edges.
CaptCB is offline Find More Posts by CaptCB
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM
Find More Posts by haxawsnavy
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Feb 2011
792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCB View Post
I clear coat, or Dullcoat, over any type of lettering, or logo's. Be it: water-slide decals, rub-on's, and even Vynal, or Mylar, peal-n-stick lettering. Looks better, and, they hold up, much better. Protects the lettering/signage, and, "seals" the edges.
Yep, I too, was instructed to do mine this way!, I think they look ok W/O buffing or waxing!!,....Tim http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...013981&page=31
haxawsnavy is offline Find More Posts by haxawsnavy