New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2014, 02:37 PM
Find More Posts by ChargedDust
Joined Jul 2007
76 Posts
I have a few general questions...

First, what metal gear servos can be used on these helis, I've tried the WK 7.6-9 and they fit, but they rotate the wrong way, tried some others that I have around but they either don't fit or are the wrong rotation.

Second, when doing the brushless conversion on the tail I also need another one of those signal converters between the RX and the speed control for the tail, correct?

Third, is there a library file for the Devo Tx that is specific to the V400D02, I have downloaded the ones for the V450D03 and the Master CP. I would think the one for the MCP would be the closest since it's also a brushed main and tail motor heli, but a specific one for the V400 would be better - I assume there is one out there if the V400 were ever sold directly from Walkera with a Devo Tx...I( I'm using Devo 8S & 12S radios BTW).

Thanks for the help.
ChargedDust is offline Find More Posts by ChargedDust
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2014, 06:08 PM
Find More Posts by kdean
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,835 Posts
If the servos fit, but rotate in the wrong direction (gyro correction that is), you simply have to rotate the rx unit 180 degrees. With the new devo rx V400's we found that the Fusonic servos that wowhobbies sells for the 450 helis is best for drop in replacements, ( but the might need a little modding.

You can find how to blogs on my rcg page. (Click on my name). I show the Hitech 5055's and the TGY MG90s.

The brushless tail motor works best with the "ebay" signal convertor. Not sure if they are still being made/sold. Search this thread for all the info on that. Search Tool is very handy...

I also have a devo 8 and 12 and the programing is pretty straight forward. You might be able to find the model config file on the deviation site. If not i can share my settings with you.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:03 PM
Joined Jul 2007
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
If the servos fit, but rotate in the wrong direction (gyro correction that is), you simply have to rotate the rx unit 180 degrees.
Of course, that makes perfect sense. I get so caught up in doing things tha "factory" way that the obvious answer is staring me right in the face and I don't see it.

This will also help me out with a T-rex 450 clone project I'm working on using the 2703 Rx 7 the 9.9 servos. So simple - DUH!!

Thanks

Quote:
The brushless tail motor works best with the "ebay" signal convertor. Not sure if they are still being made/sold. Search this thread for all the info on that. Search Tool is very handy...
That's the one I was planning on getting, just wanted to be sure if I needed 2 or if there was a way to make it work with just the one converter.

Quote:
I also have a devo 8 and 12 and the programing is pretty straight forward. You might be able to find the model config file on the deviation site. If not i can share my settings with you.
I'll take a look over there and see what's available. I would think that if walkera ever sold these from the factory with the Devo Tx that someone would have compied that file off the original Tx and have it posted somewhere. If all else fails I'll use the Master CP file as a baseline and then tweak it from there.

Thanks again
Old Dec 30, 2014, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by kdean
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,835 Posts
I forgot to mention,

For the brushless tail to work, with the ebay convertor, you will need the special tail esc from walkera. 10a-t esc if i remember correctly...
Old Dec 30, 2014, 09:51 PM
Joined Jul 2007
76 Posts
So a "regular" esc won't do the job....?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 01:28 AM
Find More Posts by kdean
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,835 Posts
I did try with a regular 10a esc and a special high speed "steve chip" signal convertor (found at wowhobbies) but had no success at the time.
Old Jan 03, 2015, 06:54 PM
Joined Jul 2007
76 Posts
O.K., turning the RX around did the trick - oh, how simple. So I put the 7.6-9 servos back in, they fit without any fuss BTW, Now I just gotta figure out how to get the brushless tail motor working. Gonna get some more of those signal convertors from EBAY, even if it doen't work for the tail motor on this heli I'll use them on the Master CP that I want to convert.

Funny thing is the Rx won't bind to the Devo 8S, but works fine with the 12S.

Thanks for the bail out.