New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:29 AM
Find More Posts by motorhead
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
4,100 Posts
One of my favorite things to do while flying is take offs landings and tough-n-go. The landing gear just makes the plane a little more fun.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2015, 08:51 PM
Find More Posts by rainyday101
Rough Landing
United States, WI, Peshtigo
Joined Jun 2015
11 Posts
Just did the maiden flight of my new EZ Fly tonight. After I got the CG right it was easy to fly (I guess that is why they call it an EZ Fly).

AUW with battery came in at 12 oz. A tad heavy on this first one. This is only my third build since a 25 year absence from the sport. The paint job looks nice, but it does add some serious weight. Motor is a 1600KV Blue Wonder from Heads Up RC swinging a 7 x 6 prop. Battery is a 3S 500 mAH. Speed control is a Cobra 11A. Servos are EMax 9 gram. Also installed right above the receiver is a lost plane finder. Radio is Tactic TTX650.

I have the wing leading edge rounded and found that without power glide slope is rather steep. Leave the power slightly on and glide slope is good. For some reason I have to add some left trim for straight flight. No big deal though. Slow speed flight is great. Altitude can be controlled with the throttle no problem. I have the lost plane alert hooked into the elevator channel and after about 100 seconds of elevator inactivity it sounds off. It was constantly sounding off because I was using the throttle to fly. The kids are gonna love flying these!

Overall I give this beauty two thumbs up! The next, which is waiting to be built will be definitely be a lighter build. All foam laminating will be done with a thin coat of white Gorilla Glue and painting will be kept minimal.
rainyday101 is offline Find More Posts by rainyday101
Last edited by rainyday101; Aug 31, 2015 at 10:30 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM
Find More Posts by motorhead
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
4,100 Posts
Looks like a good build. 8 to 10oz is a little more normal weight to shoot for but it has plenty of wing area so no sweat.
A little left rudder is also normal. I am assuming it is a P-factor thing related to the airflow off the prop and back over the tail.
Rounding the leading edge makes a noticeable difference and is recommended. With a blunt leading edge it almost comes strait down. At least you do not have to worry about it gliding away.
My wife has yet to use the elevator on hers. A little up trim and throttle and rudder only. Eventually I will get her to work on using the elevator but she is having fun so no hurry.
Glad you like it.
Mike
Fancyfoam
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead