SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2002, 08:30 AM
too old to 3d
United States, GA, Peachtree City
Joined Aug 2000
1,137 Posts
DC Hobby's Allure -- Good conversion candidate?

Good balsa 2 meter ship kits with ailerons are hard to find. I was eyeing this kit as an electric conversion with a light direct drive brushless motor and 8 1300 CPS. Any thoughts?

Thanks

http://www.dchobby.com/thermal/allure.html

Scott C is offline Find More Posts by Scott C
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2002, 11:13 PM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,281 Posts
Scott
After doing several conversions I have learned to check the following:
Make certain the motor you intend to use will fit in the nose of the plane. It is a lot easier to make adjustments now than after the fuse is built.
Same for the battery. Will all the equipment fit in the space available. You will be adding a battery pack,an ESC and a motor. These are items that were not in the original design and so they must be compensated for. Place these items carefully. It will make balancing easier later on.

if using ailerons use a servo in each wing. Two reasons for this-more positive control due to shorter linkages and it allows the wing center section to be free of the aileron servo. You will most likely need all the room you can get in that area.
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM