SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 16, 2014, 05:37 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,483 Posts
Couple of more build/rebuild pictures. The first picture is the drill guide I used to make sure opening for 1/4 x 20 tap was drilled square. The second picture is where I opened up the forward part of the wing so I could insert 1 1/8th in piece of ply for more thread surface for the foreword wing bolt .

The third picture is the two flap joiner toque rods I made up using square stock so that I cloud slid in the wing and have the outer flap mate with the inner flap. Will have a picture later on how that looks The linkage leaver is silver brazed/welded so that will never come apart.
stegl is online now Find More Posts by stegl
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2014, 01:57 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,483 Posts
Original plan for dual flap linkage did not work due to wing taper but have another setup that looks like it will work fine for plugin wings. Pics to follow.

Have cut a slot in the side of the outer flap so that when the wing is bolted on it snugly slips in with no play. Strengthened it with rectangular brass tubing with one side cut out with Dremel. Also found some self adhesive ( on one side ) aluminum foil tape in my shop. Did one wrap in the center of the pipe to snug up and pretty much eliminate any play between the wing inner and outer tubes. This eliminates any flex at the 1/4 inch hold-down bolts. Now the other side.
Last edited by stegl; Sep 18, 2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 09:37 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,483 Posts
Done.......next instal of flap servos.....not using their system of bell cranks as too much slop I think. My 4 connection points vs. their 9.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 04:39 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
706 Posts
I used the bell crank system, and it actually works pretty well or what it is. Yours is looking good. Be interesting to see the end product.

Keep at it :-)
Cathurga is offline Find More Posts by Cathurga