HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2014, 10:09 AM
Joined May 2012
172 Posts
Discussion
Loosing orientation on My Qr x350 Pro ? Help Urgent

Hi when i flew my qr x350 pro i start loosing orientation .

so when i gave elevator the quadcopter go in the wrong direction what make the quadcopter very hard to control any thought

and all my swith setting was programmed by mission planner
essadiq is offline Find More Posts by essadiq
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2014, 02:18 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by essadiq View Post
Hi when i flew my qr x350 pro i start loosing orientation .

so when i gave elevator the quadcopter go in the wrong direction what make the quadcopter very hard to control any thought

and all my swith setting was programmed by mission planner
Not much to go on so a few questions:

Are you getting confused by the aircraft orientation or is the aircraft mis-behaving? Do you have experience flying radio control? Have you practiced nose-in hover? Left facing, right facing hovers? Are you relying on IOC?
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Sep 13, 2014, 07:44 AM
Joined May 2012
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Not much to go on so a few questions:

Are you getting confused by the aircraft orientation or is the aircraft mis-behaving? Do you have experience flying radio control? Have you practiced nose-in hover? Left facing, right facing hovers? Are you relying on IOC?
e

i have a repectful experience on multirotors and i flewn a lot of it before ....but the problem is the quad lose orientation he is changing his head direction time to tim e ...i don't if a bad signal gps can do that or a setting on the ioc
Old Sep 13, 2014, 08:28 AM
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,193 Posts
Never rely on GPS or IO. All the advance modes will never replace flying skills. Learning to fly will be a good start, you said you have flown a lot but you still having problems so I would keep it close forget about mission planner learn all different aspects of flying than move on to advanced but not till you are totally confident in your flying ability. Just so you all understand Iam not flaming you just trying to help really enjoy flying to the fullest.
Michael64 is offline Find More Posts by Michael64
Old Sep 13, 2014, 09:01 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael64 View Post
Never rely on GPS or IO. All the advance modes will never replace flying skills. Learning to fly will be a good start, you said you have flown a lot but you still having problems so I would keep it close forget about mission planner learn all different aspects of flying than move on to advanced but not till you are totally confident in your flying ability. Just so you all understand Iam not flaming you just trying to help really enjoy flying to the fullest.
I agree. IOC will mess up your reflexes and get you into a lot of trouble when it "goes away". I look at it as something to keep in reserve, like RTH, as a last ditch effort in case you get disoriented. Flip on IOC and pull the stick back. But I never fly in that mode on a regular basis.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Sep 13, 2014, 02:52 PM
Joined May 2012
172 Posts
how can i disable from mission planner inteligent orientation mode ?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 03:52 PM
United States, OR, Mt Hood
Joined May 2014
344 Posts
Read the instruction book. Never fly farther away than you can clearly see the aircraft. Put something (color) on the aircraft that will assist visual orientation. Don't run before you can walk.
PatR is offline Find More Posts by PatR
Old Sep 13, 2014, 04:52 PM
Joined Sep 2013
3,723 Posts
This is something everyone goes through. You just need to get a lot more familiar with the control scheme and with more experience you'll start noticing and understanding how the reactions of the quad to your sticks translate into movement toward or away from you at distance.

This is a really well-illustrated tip for newer flyers about easily bringing the quad back to you when it's too far to orient by color/LED:

Quadcopter Flying Tutorial: Orientation Tips for Distant Flying (5 min 33 sec)
ElGuano is online now Find More Posts by ElGuano
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E600 Load Testing