SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 11, 2013, 01:23 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,429 Posts
Quote:
Great job CoolerByTheLake !
I think with that the shutters at 4° help for takeoff and landing but with a high wing loading are not necessary useful for landing with position at 20-25° - the rate of descent will therefore enough

MADISONMaster, Not yet knowing the exact AUW yet, but using 11lbs, my wing loading is 35oz sq/ft. I have seen a great many JTM L-39's and Vipet Jets, with wing loading's of mid to high 50's oz sq/ft, and there videos. These also in the 11lb range, with much less wing area.

If mine flys as well as the stock E model --take off's/landings I'll be very happy.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2013, 02:07 AM
France, Burgandy, Dijon
Joined Jun 2010
594 Posts
SCORPION-E wing loading

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerByTheLake View Post
MADISONMaster, Not yet knowing the exact AUW yet, but using 11lbs, my wing loading is 35oz sq/ft. I have seen a great many JTM L-39's and Vipet Jets, with wing loading's of mid to high 50's oz sq/ft, and there videos. These also in the 11lb range, with much less wing area.

If mine flys as well as the stock E model --take off's/landings I'll be very happy.
Hello CoolerByTheLake
and after my deductions, the SCORPION-E is 39 dm2 and AUW 4.2Kg (9.27lbs) for an electrical installation (like the vues) - wing loading's is assumed to be 108 gr/ dm2 ........i think on 6S 5000 !... ---- For this type of aircraft, 3 kg (6.62lbs) of thrust is enough to start - ratio 0.71 (RC Lander 90mm 6S -80A 3kg (6.62lbs) of trust) then, an ARC 3675-1 with EXTREME 90mm ALLOY Wemotech 6 blades on 8S (105A - 4.4kg (9.71lbs) of trust with AUW 4.5kg (9.93 lbs) on 8S 5000 but 115 gr/dm2 - ratio 0.98 ! )
Weight is given to a very simple version of retracts landing gear ...!!!

What will be your ESC with 12S? -- No many brands offer reliable values​​ for ESC and LIPOS ! i have an 100A Castle ice II (max 8S) and it burn at 95A on 8S without BEC !! and it was in the trust tube ! LIPOS 5000 30C which can swell after use (with 100 A max !) even paying attention and they have a drop in performance - Now i use ESC 12S HV for 8S - ESC 8S for 6S !!

Less problem with a reactor !

MADISONMaster
MADISONMaster is online now Find More Posts by MADISONMaster
Last edited by MADISONMaster; Oct 12, 2013 at 06:25 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:10 AM
Joined Dec 2008
5,429 Posts
MADISONMaster ,Thanks for letting me share my project, I know it'a not "fuel" , but thus far not many others out there to compare with.

Some stats.
WS= 52"/ 1320.80mm--- L=1574.80mm/62" EST AUW 4.989 Kg/11 lb.

Wing area = 46.173 dm2/4.97 sqft

JetFan 90mm/Het 700-68-1200Kv ---ESC- YEP 120HV --Batteries, undecided as of yet, but a good brand of 60c's -5000 mAh. Most likely Revolectrix 5000mAh 6S Lipo - 60C Diamond Label --60C. Cont. 120C Burst. X 2

Retracts--SpringAir -102HD's--Struts --Robart --Mains' 660's, Nose gear-652R
Wheels -Robart 2.5" /63.5mm

I know your aware of the varying factors involved in predicting power output, but I used this as a guide.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=267

Here's a thread on thread that talks on the merits of the YEP 120 HV.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1981508

Not having any sort of back ground in aerodynamics, and using common sense and gut instinct, I went this way for flaps. Decreased there size, and increased ailerons, they were too small anyway! If the need arises, I can always glue them in.

Now near as I can figure, the flying stabs have about 8-10° anhedral. As a scratch build, I think I could/can decrease that a bit if nessessary, with out any serious effect. Also, being I will have elevators, not a flying stab, that should decrease or eliminate the blanking out of the stabs. (sounds good on paper)

Thanks again for letting me ramble.
Mark
Old Oct 13, 2013, 03:17 AM
France, Burgandy, Dijon
Joined Jun 2010
594 Posts
SCORPION : AF à commande électrique LADO 30mm

Quote:
MADISONMaster ,Thanks for letting me share my project, I know it'a not "fuel" , but thus far not many others out there to compare with.
---------------
Mark

Thank's for the link CoolerByTheLake

----------------------------------------FR
La Modification du fonctionnement de l'aérofrein du SCORPION avec le vérin électrique LADO (30mm) nécessite le déplacement des axes de rotation
Ici on peut voir le principe de la modification à appliquer pour un fonctionnement sans contrainte mécanique
La valeur B est un point de repère (vers les 125mm /point pivotant charnière) et sera à ajuster lors des essais avant collage.
La méthode consiste tout d'abord à coller la partie A (avec par exemple de l' HYSOL 9462) puis à faire un essais pour trouver le bon emplacement du point d'encrage B (en élévation (haut/bas) et en horizontal (avant/arrière ) pour qu'il n'y ait aucune contrainte mécanique (surtout AF rentré) pour un fonctionnement avec une ouverture max de l'AF proche des 55° (en fixant l'axe avec un bon scotch ) - Coller ensuite les extrémités de l'axe transversal sur le point B (toujours avec de l' HYSOL 9462)
Dans le cas ou le point B serait en dessous du support du capot, il faudra faire 2 pièces de bois dur pour déporter les extrémités de l'axe en B vers le bas sans que cela ne gêne le montage du capot sur le fuselage ........

Mais de toute évidence, ces 2 points de rotation d'axe sont à déplacer pour la modification, vu le faible déploiement du vérin électrique (30 mm) par rapport au vérin pneumatique !

Cette modif fonctionne parfaitement comme celui de David D
Aerofrein Scorpion avec e-doors ( www.e-retract.com) (0 min 20 sec)

Bonne modif !
------------------------------ ENG
Operation : the airbrake LADO electric actuator (30mm) with the SCORPION requires the movement of the axes of rotation
Here you can see the MOD to put the electric airbrake which must operate without mechanical stress
The value B point will be adjusted during testing before bonding .....
The method is :
first , paste Part A ( with the HYSOL 9462 ) and then make a test to find the right location of the anchor point B ( elevation (up / down ) and horizontal ( front / rear) where there is no mechanical stress (especially with the airbrake DOWN ) and with a maximum opening for the airbrake - near 55 ° ( Setting the axis with a good scotch ) - then Paste the ends of the transverse axis on the point B (HYSOL 9462 )

In cases where point B is under the bottom of the cover , you will require to do 2 pieces of hardwood to deport the ends of the axis B and check the good mounting of the cover on the fuselage ...... ..
But obviously , these two points of rotation axis must are moving , because LADO electric actuator move only on 30 mm !

MADISONMaster
Last edited by MADISONMaster; Oct 13, 2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 09:17 AM
Joined Dec 2008
5,429 Posts
In 9th grade I took French, and was a total failure. English, PLEASE.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:01 AM
France, Burgandy, Dijon
Joined Jun 2010
594 Posts
Quote:
In 9th grade I took French, and was a total failure. English, PLEASE.
It is OK
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:21 AM
France, Burgandy, Dijon
Joined Jun 2010
594 Posts
SCORPION : SAVOX SB-2270SG - meeting "Mach 2.2" September 2013 - Til Chatel - FRANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADISONMaster View Post
It is OK
------------------------ ENG
Hello !

SAVOX brushless servos SB-2270SG (see photos) for the elevators was recommended by many pilots during the meeting "Mach 2.2"
they are very strong, durable , fast and powerful (25kg to 6V)

Some SCORPION and other planes during the meeting "Mach 2.2" September 2013 at Til-Châtel ........It was a beautiful sight in sunny "Bourgogne" region of FRANCE ...

---------------------- FR

Quelques vues des SCORPION à l'occasion du Meeting Mach 2.2 à Til-Châtel en septembre 2013 sous un magnifique soleil de Bourgogne et j'en profite pour partager les images des autres jets - Un plateau très impressionnant - Très réussi ; encore un grand merci aux participants et aux organisateurs ....

MADISONMaster
Last edited by MADISONMaster; Oct 24, 2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2013, 01:48 AM
France, Burgandy, Dijon
Joined Jun 2010
594 Posts
Scorpion : Tank

Hello,

how you made ​​the connection of the strainer inside the tank ?
only hose ?
or
hose and brass rod or other ? (see the vues)

for the tank in the vue, I only uses two tubes ?
- a tube to go to UTA
- a tube for the air intake

Thank's

MADISONMaster
Old Nov 09, 2013, 07:34 AM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,874 Posts
Use the brass tube inside the tank to the clunk. It will prevent the clunk folding forward.
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Old Nov 28, 2013, 01:45 AM
France, Burgandy, Dijon
Joined Jun 2010
594 Posts
test bench

FR --------------------
Je viens de terminer le banc d'essais pour me familiarier avec le K100G avant le montage dans le FALCON 120 ou le Pantera .... et plus tard pour le Merlin 140X-BL avec le SCORPION

Ce banc est capable de mesurer des tractions jusqu'à 35 kg en réacteur et 10 kg en turbine électrique (par l'intermédiaire d'un autre senseur XPower)
J'ai également prévu l'équipement indispensable pour soigner l'installation des circuits CARB

ENG ----------------------------

Hello

I finished my test bench turbine to familiarize myself with the k100G before to put in Falcon 120 and Pantera ...........and later for Merlin 140X-BL for SCORPION AD

This bench can measure a thrust up to 35 kg and is expected also for the testing of Electric FAN (10Kg max)
I bought the tools needed to install the fuel system

MADISONMaster
Last edited by MADISONMaster; Nov 30, 2013 at 02:22 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2014, 11:49 AM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,911 Posts
For Sale

Im thinking about selling my Scorpion MKII swiss Livery.

It is brand new, nothing started. It has the Beheotec air up/down with struts and wheels and brakes. All still sealed in the package. I also have the Jet Tech scorpion slit tank. this was a $200.00 extra.

Pm with an offer if your interested. Just dont think I will get around to it anytime soon.

James

Tank link: http://www.jettechusa.com/collection...partition-tank
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75