HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2014, 09:10 AM
Joined Sep 2004
9 Posts
Congrats on the win!
For the group, any thoughts on cooling holes? I opened up one bay on the belly and I'm looking at putting a extra intake hole on the lower part of the cawling. Is this needed or might I do more harm than good?
Should be ready to fly this week.
montyterry is offline Find More Posts by montyterry
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2014, 09:29 AM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyterry View Post
Congrats on the win!
For the group, any thoughts on cooling holes? I opened up one bay on the belly and I'm looking at putting a extra intake hole on the lower part of the cawling. Is this needed or might I do more harm than good?
Should be ready to fly this week.
Thanks!...I opened almost all of the underside. I think I posted it somewhere in this thread.
Da Big_G is online now Find More Posts by Da Big_G
Old Jun 27, 2014, 09:27 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,423 Posts
Just checked HK website.

All warehouses are sold out of the Airoso. I wonder if it will ever come back in stock?
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:36 AM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc View Post
Just checked HK website.

All warehouses are sold out of the Airoso. I wonder if it will ever come back in stock?
Seems like a big seller. You can set up an e-mail notification for when stock arrives.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:15 PM
Joined Sep 2004
9 Posts
Is anyone using the listed control throws? Seems like a lot of movement for a pattern plane. Also what about differential? I'm thinking about 20%. Anyway, she's ready to fly just need a day off and some calm winds.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:29 PM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyterry View Post
Is anyone using the listed control throws? Seems like a lot of movement for a pattern plane. Also what about differential? I'm thinking about 20%. Anyway, she's ready to fly just need a day off and some calm winds.
I set up dual rates..High rates for 1 roll/second and enough elevator to get quick snaps. Low rates on elevator for smooth and big loops and the ailerons for 1 roll in 2 seconds. Rudder on low rates is almost as much as high rates, just a bunch more expo. You can start with the recommended throws as a guide. I have not added differential.
Old Aug 01, 2014, 02:16 PM
Joined Sep 2004
9 Posts
Finally flew mine the other day. Although I was very nervous, she flew very nice. Two clicks up elevator with a bit forward GC till I get use to it. Comfortable slow flight and a good roll rate. No surprises. I flew it about 4 minutes with almost 50 percent battery left over (6s 3700's). I can't wait till I'm home again to fly some more.
Old Aug 02, 2014, 05:54 AM
Oakland township, Michigan
Joined Jun 2005
727 Posts
This is where I normally start and it seems to work well provided that the CG is roughly in the right spot:

Elevator: +12 deg, -13 deg
Ailerons: + 13 deg, -12 deg
Rudder : +/- 35 deg

This is travel at low rates and set the expo at 25% or so. This is also about 80% of the travel at high rates. Also, something that is neglected quite a bit is to check your lateral balance.

As I get familiar with the plane, the throws might change to suit my preferences, but this is a good starting point. On low rates, the roll rate is fairly slow, about 2-3 seconds per roll.

Good luck,

Teo
viva_peru is online now Find More Posts by viva_peru
Old Aug 03, 2014, 06:25 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,423 Posts
The Airoso is showing 10+ in stock, International warehouse only, $137
It was featured in last week's SuperFlash sale....
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc