HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:08 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Hi Jack,

Looks great so far, and you have a lot of space to play with also in that hugh fuse.

Your 6 blade head looks good also, is that the new head from Smartmodels own design ?
They have also great tail rotors to, as far I can see.

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:18 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Jack,

Looks great so far, and you have a lot of space to play with also in that hugh fuse.

Your 6 blade head looks good also, is that the new head from Smartmodels own design ?
They have also great tail rotors to, as far I can see.

Jan,
Actually the head on the seaking is 5 bladed,the head is from tf models in hk,i think kin also sold that one when sm was incorporated with tf models,today they are splitted in two companys and i dont think kin sells it more but i can be wrong,up to now im very satisfied with the service tf models are giving,fast shipping and good mail conversion is very important to me when dealing with a company and i hope it stays that way,as for now i have to order a tail gearbox from vario as they have one that will fit inside the small fin of the SK and also have a 5 mm shaft output that will fit the adapter to the flexcable.

Cheers
Jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:23 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Hi Jack,

Well it seems that I was not awake when I ask you the above questions

Sorry,

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:53 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Jack,

Well it seems that I was not awake when I ask you the above questions

Sorry,

Jan,
Haha,no problemo Jan,...recognice that from myself...

So i got the bulkhead lowered and mech properly angled forwards,im very pleased that the mechanics are so easy to get out of the fuse in case of needing.

Have ordered the last mechanical part,the tailgearbox from vario,when it comes the driveline to the tail gone be started with,also started to search for adecvate and cheap pilots,think im gone start with the toyshops here in gothenburgh,maybe im lucky and find something that gone suit.

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:19 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Hello guys

Have done some moore work on the SK, a brave attempt to reproduce the EAPS system, had almost forgotten how fun it is to work with balsa and thin plywood, just has to polish up the brass around the housing, also soldered the
cable tube since mine tailgearbox should arrive in these days and I can start
with the tailpart, the main canopy is being prepared for the cockpit installation, yet havent decided if to buy a readydone or to make up one by myself.

Cheers from a rainy Gothenburgh

/Jack
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:16 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,448 Posts
Wow, very well done. I, too, will be dusting off the modeling skills for my next project. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:39 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Hi guys

Last days I have been spending trying to find a Century 6 bladed tailrotor, seems like century dont gone have them in stock no moore,well as I thought im gone have to get down to 5 blades I found this and ordered one, dont know anything about it so if anyone has some experince from this head please let me now.It says it is for a trex 600 or equal so it must be for a 5 mm shaft.

Cheers
Jack

Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:22 AM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,448 Posts
I hate to say this but you may be better waiting for the Century head or getting one of their 5 blades in the mean time. I don't trust thost thin little links to handle the torque generated by the power of a 600+ heli. Just my feelings, Jack. Take care.

Don
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:55 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
I hate to say this but you may be better waiting for the Century head or getting one of their 5 blades in the mean time. I don't trust thost thin little links to handle the torque generated by the power of a 600+ heli. Just my feelings, Jack. Take care.

Don
As for the links at this stage I dont worry at all, but I feel that the weight can be a issue,kind of hard to say before i get in the hand sort of speak,i have been in contact with a scandinavian Century dealer that says that the cn 1204 not gone be available any more so i was aiming on the 5 bladed instead until i founded this one,im kind of sceptical to those " non name cnc heads "available on the market,had couple of them and the quality was bad, just because it so hard to find a 6 bladed to a resonable price i ordered one (again) ..Of helitecnik and some other manufactures maybe have these but they are way out of mine budget right now

Cheers
Jack
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:41 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Some more progress on the SK,have made out a raw cockpit out of 1.5mm plywood, still has to be painted and dressed up with instruments, got 2 pairs
of uniforms from Hm armed forces in Uk,the tailpart is ready,lights are glued in
and the contourcable is adapted and ready to run, about the cockpit...never built something like that but it was really fun due to the 1.5mm plywood, easy to work with and able to cut with kitchen scissor,this scale must be the first where im building up most scaleparts from scratch,patience and a fully loaded dremel is the key...

Cheers
Jack
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:42 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Some days ago i got the sixbladed tailrotor from cnc helicopter,the quality is very satisfying and theres no slope what so ever,have ordered 95 mm tailblades
but unshure if these will be to big and powerconsuming,there was no issues
to buy from cnc helicopter,ordered and day after i got a mail with a tracking number on the shipped gods.

Cheers
Jack
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:07 AM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,448 Posts
It looks better there than in the pictures on the website. What you can always do is limit the pitch. If the 95mm blades are pretty much scale for length, you can use the rudder travel limits to reduce the amount of pitch you get out of the tail. I would agree that a tail fan with that amount of surface to produce thrust could really make that bird a bit sensitive to tail inputs. Keep it up.

Don
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:26 AM
smithy
Cornwall, UK
Joined Dec 2004
524 Posts
Any updates??
jumpy is offline Find More Posts by jumpy
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:18 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpy View Post
Any updates??
Im temporaly out of mine hobbyroom since mine daughter is taking it over as heres,building a new hobbycorner in the basement,havent come much far since last post but it starting to look really good,as far as the buildprogress everything
up to now lines up pretty nice.

Cheers
Jack
Old May 03, 2013, 10:01 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Its time to dust of this project since mine huey needs a major service and parts which are hard to find.

Couple days ago I was flying with mine T rex 700 dfc, after 3 flights I just got sick and bored on flying pod and bom and having thoughts to take out everything and put it in the seaking, align motor is 530 kv and should suit fine,beast x, cc hv 120 and align digital servos should also work nicely.

As for now I need blades for the multihead and thinking of S-shlag ones, this can reduse main Hs radikal and since the tailrotor has independed drive its not affected with lover speeds at main...just a thought.

Cheers
jack