Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 13, 2005, 11:18 AM
Pesky Landings!
Abergele, North Wales, UK
Joined Apr 2004
1,111 Posts
MPX RX-Synth extension cable

Afternoon folks.

I've decided to post this as a seperate thread to avoid confusing the (Multiplex Synth receiver - PC cable DIY thread already running.

I've basically looked at the circuit that the extension uses to enable a remote programming button and LED to be mounted anywhere in the model, and I intend to develop my own version. The reason behind this is that I am not too keen on the MPX push button (it's too small for my large fingers!) and I would prefer it to look a bit neater when installed in my models!

So far I've gone through the circuit of the RX-Synth extension lead at lunchtime today, and figured out the circuit. It is pretty basic, as you can see from the diagram. The 82.5 ohm resistor limits the current through the LED, so if you use a different spec LED, be sure to select a value of LED that restricts the current through the LED to an acceptable limit.

I'm also pretty sure that the BC817 transistor can be replaced with any general purpose NPN transistor. I intend to use a BC 848 or 847 as I have some of them already

I've not had chance to make this circuit up, but I am intending to make a couple of extension boards for myself, as I don't like the fact that the Push button switch is tiny. I would prefer a bigger switch and the option to mount the LED on board, or off board. I'll probably not get time to do that until the weekend, but I'll post all progress here if anyone has any problems reading my attempt at circuit art below, then please give me a shout!

Cheers
Andy
bigandy is offline Find More Posts by bigandy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2006, 06:47 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
936 Posts
Andy - did you end up making any of these, and if so how did they work out ?
Geoff_S is online now Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Mar 29, 2007, 08:05 AM
Pesky Landings!
Abergele, North Wales, UK
Joined Apr 2004
1,111 Posts
Sorry about the rather delayed post!

I made up a couple fo these adapters for connecting the RX-synth receviers to a PC, and they work fine, and have been for around 9 months now

Cheers
Andy
bigandy is offline Find More Posts by bigandy
Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:29 AM
Joined Nov 2009
3 Posts
Hi, Andy

can u show me the integral circuit?
Is it alien2108 circuit + your circuit = whole circuit?

thanks very much
IMATs is offline Find More Posts by IMATs