Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:59 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,183 Posts
Discussion
Smartmodel Viggen EDF90-100 full composite

I have to start this project today for the Viggen , Size will fit 90-100mm fan and member here very helpful let factory much easy to start the project , Now i waiting the plastic models come and will use the internet some 3 -View drawing for the molding work . I will let it full composite ,hollow mold wing , epoxy fuselage . now is the time to make the fuselage length , I guess the target flying weight about 2.3-2.5kg roughly . so power set 6s upto and 3kg power thrust in target .I will find a CS fan to test . cnc ep retract is standard . but it have a special mechanic i need to solve the problem , because landing gear posite is very thin . i need a extra parts to extend the retract shaft to (rotation the leg) , it is a special mechanic for this model . Just this point and no other problem .
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2014, 01:19 AM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
4,959 Posts
What scale would that be?
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Jun 10, 2014, 03:22 AM
Now, what does this button do?
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
I have to start this project today for the Viggen , Size will fit 90-100mm fan and member here very helpful let factory much easy to start the project , Now i waiting the plastic models come and will use the internet some 3 -View drawing for the molding work . I will let it full composite ,hollow mold wing , epoxy fuselage . now is the time to make the fuselage length , I guess the target flying weight about 2.3-2.5kg roughly . so power set 6s up to and 3kg power thrust in target .I will find a CS fan to test . cnc ep retract is standard . but it have a special mechanic i need to solve the problem , because landing gear posite is very thin . i need a extra parts to extend the retract shaft to (rotation the leg) , it is a special mechanic for this model . Just this point and no other problem .
Please, make me number one on the order list! (Or the test fly list too )
Nukiwi is offline Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Old Jun 10, 2014, 04:11 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,129 Posts
Hey Kin,

You should already have a plastic model if it, I had it send a long time ago....

Thanks

dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Jun 10, 2014, 06:51 AM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,858 Posts
Target weight is impossible. Expect 4-5kg.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great project too.
4stripes is online now Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Jun 10, 2014, 06:58 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketec View Post
Hey Kin,

You should already have a plastic model if it, I had it send a long time ago....

Thanks

dave
Sorry Dave ! i have one last year , but i think in old factory , so i find a new one better .For the size i have measure a size in old topic , so i can find out it .Now i have enough man power to make this models . Of couse now is doing the Bae Hawk wing sample . But not effect R&D dept .So i can work both same time .I never forget your help , so you will have the number 0001 first model .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2014, 07:33 AM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
6,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketec View Post
Hey Kin,

Thanks

dave
Yeah, didn't you buy that for him on your own dime Dave?
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Jun 10, 2014, 08:38 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerByTheLake View Post
What scale would that be?
The size is 1:9 wing span 46"
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2014, 08:46 AM
Joined Dec 2008
4,959 Posts
Now your talking, that gives you a length of 71.66" , big enough for 8s to 12s.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 09:10 AM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,271 Posts
Kin make it specific for the current generation 90 mm fans. Jet Fan 90 and Schubeler AXI-HDS
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:23 AM
Joined Feb 2006
439 Posts
kin,

Good show for a Viggen dedicated thread. However, your three-view drawing is for AJ-37. Majority voted for JA-37 so far and the 1:48 plastic model is a JA-37 as well:

http://www.tarangus.se/all-new-viggen-model/

I am keeping track of the plastic model availability.

Del
delperena is offline Find More Posts by delperena
Last edited by delperena; Jun 10, 2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:53 AM
Joined Feb 2006
439 Posts
Plastic Model

kin,

Here is a reseller from Japan - more convenient and quicker delivery for you:

http://www.hlj.com/product/TGS4803/Air

Projected availability is June 2014.

Del
delperena is offline Find More Posts by delperena
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:18 AM
Sollentuna,Sweden
Joined Sep 2000
425 Posts
1:9 size, very nice
But I think it's going to be much heavier than your predictions.
Please make options for bigger fans than just 90mm, the intakes are big enough at that scale. 110-120 would be nice.
And take your time with the landing gear, Viggen's look so much better with at least semi scale gear.

Can't wait
Mikael is offline Find More Posts by Mikael
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:47 AM
Joined Dec 2008
4,959 Posts
Quote:
Can't wait

I'll bet you'll have too! Four years ago, Feb , the F-15 was projected to be availble . Have you seen one yet??

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...47&postcount=4

Just check his web site http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/

Aeroplane(Composite) - Electric Ducted fan models - 90mm fan models-- No Product

I will say he has a large thread gallery! Lots of things started, just not finished or availiable. time will tell.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thumb...=threadgallery
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:54 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerByTheLake View Post
I'll bet you'll have too! Four years ago, Feb , the F-15 was projected to be availble . Have you seen one yet??

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...47&postcount=4

Just check his web site http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/

Aeroplane(Composite) - Electric Ducted fan models - 90mm fan models-- No Product

I will say he has a large thread gallery! Lots of things started, just not finished or availiable. time will tell.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thumb...=threadgallery
Yes ! It is right , some models have not finish in last two factory and spit in business last year , So now work alone is better , Nothing stop me to do my models .Last two year have change business partner two times and study a lot how to make business in china , I will make clever now , working myself much better . At least i have earn some material in hand and enough man power . A lot come out models have disappear the reason is partner change the project to Helicopter and other models they like to do . so i can't focus to finish it , a lot 80% completed master plug have not finish and keep in a corner , It is so bad .Today .no one in front of me. So we can start the project right now TODAY !
RCG Plus Member