Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 01, 2014, 05:09 AM
Germany
Joined Sep 2013
530 Posts
Yeah - download to computer, then open RF and import that file in to whateve the last format in the list is.. Just search for the "import" tab..
Herrsavage is offline Find More Posts by Herrsavage
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2014, 09:53 AM
SW PA
Joined Aug 2010
419 Posts
Hey guys,
Thanks for the help with the "import" facet of RF.....finally "figgered" it out. I had to delete about 10 of the downloads as they were terrible with flight parameters. I did get probably 10 that did work nicely. Seems that all those on the knifeedge site are gas models....kinda crappy there's no decent electric models. Oh well, I'll fly the electrics on Phoenix & the gas on RF.

Denny
yorkiepap is offline Find More Posts by yorkiepap
Old Jan 02, 2014, 12:21 PM
Germany
Joined Sep 2013
530 Posts
How do you delete them? Most of them are crap from what I can tell - even highly rated ones..
Old Jan 02, 2014, 08:40 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
How do you delete them? Most of them are crap from what I can tell - even highly rated ones..
From the main select an aircraft menu, not the pop out one you open with the tx but the one you select from the menus at the top, I think you can just right click on one and there will be a delete option.

Before deleting them you could always try editing them to see if you can make them fly how you want.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Jan 03, 2014, 01:52 AM
Germany
Joined Sep 2013
530 Posts
After downloading an F-4 Phantom the whole program started freezing up. I also downloaded a couple that aren't even supported.. Thanks.
Old Jan 09, 2014, 11:14 AM
Germany
Joined Sep 2013
530 Posts
So the novelty is kind of wearing off.. And here's why: currently I find it kind of annoying that, if you want to fly fast, it's a spec within seconds.. Using the sim for me is a lot of looking at specs and wondering what the orientation is. If you change to a zoom view then you lose the horizon, which is even dumber. The little 3D box is too unrealistic and distracting I find.. Am I missing a set-up of some sort to make it better? My favorite thing is low high speed passes back and forth(and practicing landings) - and yeah, straining after a speck back and forth is getting old...
Old Jan 10, 2014, 09:43 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,395 Posts
A spec back and forth is pretty much what the sims are. The sad thing is we can see further than the computer can represent in real life.

This is a problem in any sim.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Confessions of a smoker...
Old Jan 10, 2014, 01:11 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
The sad thing is we can see further than the computer can represent in real life.
Mostly that is due to the resolution of our monitors. Be curious to see what a sim is like on a new 4k resolution monitor.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 04:25 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
Mostly that is due to the resolution of our monitors. Be curious to see what a sim is like on a new 4k resolution monitor.
With the pricetag of the 4k's it'll be a while before I see what they look like.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Confessions of a smoker...
Old Jan 15, 2014, 09:13 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,209 Posts
Quote:
With the pricetag of the 4k's it'll be a while before I see what they look like.
They are getting there. The soon to be released Dell P2815Q is $700. Still to expensive for me but give it another year or so and they might be affordable, not cheap but possibly affordable.
Old Feb 02, 2014, 11:52 AM
Germany
Joined Sep 2013
530 Posts
There are a couple of huge B1-B's available on knifeedge for RF that are really good. Most of the other jets are too small to see. These B1's fly great and fast, and you can see them..
Old Feb 09, 2014, 05:29 PM
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
789 Posts
Quote:
A spec back and forth is pretty much what the sims are. The sad thing is we can see further than the computer can represent in real life.

This is a problem in any sim.
Hi folks, I have a 27" Samsung monitor with 5 ms response and a middle of the road graphics card. The larger monitor really helps a lot, but make sure your graphics card has enough horsepower for the job. My ATI Radeon 5450 with 1GB DDR3 is now worth only about $40 and it works OK with the default settings in RealFlight 6.5. I think I'm going to upgrade my video card anyway because it doesn't work very well on the higher video settings in RealFlight 6.5. I think I will try something that hard core video gamers use and crank the graphics in RealFlight up all the way.

The monitor isn't as expensive as some people think - $199 and if you are in the market for a monitor anyway, it may not be too much more than what you were thinking of buying.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001871

Happy flying!

-Florida Heli-
Florida Heli is offline Find More Posts by Florida Heli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Florida Heli; Feb 09, 2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 03:12 AM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
which flight simulator?

i could not find -how to create new question post, so asking here-please guide me
i am learning to make models and wish to train my self to fly.
i have turnigy 9x radio and win xp and win 7 os available, so which flight sim. should i pick up -regards-pravin
pravin is offline Find More Posts by pravin