HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2013, 01:41 PM
Argentina, CF
Joined Mar 2013
202 Posts
I agree this messy thread is great as it is. Like you have to be commited to it and follow it daily to know pretty much everything there is to know to the phantom.
Anyway, someone wants for me to take pictures from the sky to show what a building sight would look from different heights (like, from the 10th floor the view will look like this).
So I need an Altimeter to take off to the skies, takes some pictures and then have the data collected all together. The thing is I lost where on this page people where talking about altimeters.
So, if anyone could point me to a cheap usb altimeter to do the job Id apreciate it.
Im not in the states, so working with the flying yogurt can is not an issue.

Thanks!
nachotrippy is offline Find More Posts by nachotrippy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2013, 01:43 PM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
lol, my left eye fell out about 156 pages in. its a verrrrryyyyy long read. I just needed the 3 questions answered and then ill wing it. Then ill go and look for my eye.....
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Old Jul 10, 2013, 01:45 PM
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Oct 2012
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ten safe frogs View Post
Hey all,

I've created a google form to collect info about DJI flyaways. It would be awesome if those of you who have experienced a loss of control or flyaway would fill it out, and perhaps we can learn from the data we collect.

I posted this as a new thread last night, but it looks like it wasn't approved, so here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1R4M...hHty0/viewform

31 responses so far, I'll post the results once we collect a bunch!

Cheers!
Great idea and I'm looking forwards to your results, but you left off the choice of Manual Mode. I know most noobs won't activate it but the more experienced pilots will.
Casperhyde is offline Find More Posts by Casperhyde
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:00 PM
Unregulated User
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2013
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangta View Post
This is why we need to breakup this thread. This has been answered a million times. However, people don't want to go back to X page to find the answer [I don't blame them].
If they aren't searching through one long thread for answers, why would they bother to do so with 100 similarly-named threads?
If you look in the main directory, there are already what seems like quite a lot of DJI and Phantom threads here.
Sac D is offline Find More Posts by Sac D
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:04 PM
Unregulated User
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2013
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachotrippy View Post
I agree this messy thread is great as it is. Like you have to be commited to it and follow it daily to know pretty much everything there is to know to the phantom.
Anyway, someone wants for me to take pictures from the sky to show what a building sight would look from different heights (like, from the 10th floor the view will look like this).
So I need an Altimeter to take off to the skies, takes some pictures and then have the data collected all together. The thing is I lost where on this page people where talking about altimeters.
So, if anyone could point me to a cheap usb altimeter to do the job Id apreciate it.
Im not in the states, so working with the flying yogurt can is not an issue.

Thanks!
http://www.jollylogic.com/products/altimeterone/

This is what I use... it works great! I use Velcro to attach it, so I can move it from one craft to another.
Sac D is offline Find More Posts by Sac D
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:12 PM
Up, Up & hopefully away!!
United States, FL, Volusia County
Joined May 2013
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
Hi, just bought one of these.....whats the best firmware right now as Im reading there has been issues with some of the newer ones. Also, is there anything I need to do (non stock) before I fly this?

Lastly, will this naza let me hook up a gimble to it and tilt it up/down and left right manually from the radio? or does it just self level?

Thanks!
Well let me be the first to say Congrats & welcome to the insane asylum

I don't know what firmware yours came with, but it should be fine for your first few flights. If you want to update your firmware, go to DJI and download the drivers 1st and then 3.14V.

Nope, there's nothing else needed to fly your Phantom.

Yes, the Naza will allow you to use a gimbal, but I'm not sure on about the left/right. I've seen others move theirs up/down. And there may be one other part needed to work with the Naza. Again, the gimbal guys should help you out.

Enjoy!!!!
flboy286 is offline Find More Posts by flboy286
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:14 PM
Joined May 2013
1,470 Posts
" Like you have to be commited to it and follow it daily to know pretty much everything there is to know to the phantom."

Yea, this thread moves fast(page wise )

But there's some much good info being posted. I just copy & paste what I want for my records.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:15 PM
United States, CA, Clearlake
Joined Apr 2013
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sac D View Post

This is what I use... it works great! I use Velcro to attach it, so I can move it from one craft to another.
I've been thinking about getting this and just haven't parted with the cash. So...what altitudes have you been getting? Like, what altitude is it when your Phantom is just getting to where it's hard to tell which direction it's pointing? Please, pretty please, share!
PhantomGene is offline Find More Posts by PhantomGene
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:25 PM
Ireland
Joined Mar 2013
2,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomGene View Post
I've been thinking about getting this and just haven't parted with the cash. So...what altitudes have you been getting? Like, what altitude is it when your Phantom is just getting to where it's hard to tell which direction it's pointing? Please, pretty please, share!
i have one..stuck it on the phantom and got her up to 1315 feet !

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=11
eirlink is online now Find More Posts by eirlink
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:26 PM
Joined May 2013
1,470 Posts
Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=A7JXg0Xm9V4
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:28 PM
Argentina, CF
Joined Mar 2013
202 Posts
Quote:

Thanks!

The thread is huge, but what would help is a search within the thread option... that would solve everything.
Anyway, If the same issue comes back again and again, different people will answer it cos more people would have seen the answer several times.

I dont know, im kind of emotionally attached to all this content all together.. Also I think its good because you can ask a little bit of anything without beeing off topic wich is great for newbs like me who maybe dont know where does our questions belongs.
nachotrippy is offline Find More Posts by nachotrippy
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:44 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Quote:
If they aren't searching through one long thread for answers, why would they bother to do so with 100 similarly-named threads?
If you look in the main directory, there are already what seems like quite a lot of DJI and Phantom threads here.
Correct... There are many spin-offs but this was the first and many are subscribed to this one... It's hard to break old habits.
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:49 PM
United States, NC, Kure Beach
Joined Dec 1996
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floete View Post
Can I get a few thoughts on this Phantom issue I'm having? Problem is, I connect the battery, everything's fine, yellow light blinks through warm up, but then i get the 1 green + 6 green blinking lights. I've recalibrated til i'm blue in the face, and I"m making super duper extra sure I don't move the bird after I connect the power. And sometimes I *do* get the single blinking geen (in GPS mode), but the second I stuff the battery wire into the compartment, the 1 + 6 starts.
The times I've gotten it to work is by powering on and cramming all the wires in as fast as I can and slamming the little door shut. That'll get me to the 1 green. Sometimes. Sometimes not.
Could I have a short that's causing the problem? If so, what wire would it be? If not, what else might be going on?
It's really driving me bananas, because the wee thing used to work soooo well.!
Thanks.
just to finally report back on this. i went ahead and did as everybody suggested -- upgraded to the latest firmware -- and the problem seems to have been solved. after the warmup, i go to the fast double-green flash and am able to take off no problem.

otoh, i am getting toilet bowling like no one's business. it may be because i'm getting a colonoscopy tomorrow () but i kinda doubt it. didn't happen for the first 2 minutes of flight and then it started, rather large TBE circles, maybe 10' in diameter.

And, yes, i have done the calibrations with the software, both basic and advanced. any idea as to how to get rid of the TBE?
floete is offline Find More Posts by floete
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:52 PM
Joined May 2013
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floete View Post
just to finally report back on this. i went ahead and did as everybody suggested -- upgraded to the latest firmware -- and the problem seems to have been solved. after the warmup, i go to the fast double-green flash and am able to take off no problem.

otoh, i am getting toilet bowling like no one's business. it may be because i'm getting a colonoscopy tomorrow () but i kinda doubt it. didn't happen for the first 2 minutes of flight and then it started, rather large TBE circles, maybe 10' in diameter.

And, yes, i have done the calibrations with the software, both basic and advanced. any idea as to how to get rid of the TBE?
Try recalibrating your compass(360 horizontal, 360 vertical).

http://www.dji-innovations.com/tutor...ntom-tutorial/
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:53 PM
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Oct 2012
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachotrippy View Post
Thanks!

The thread is huge, but what would help is a search within the thread option... that would solve everything.
Anyway, If the same issue comes back again and again, different people will answer it cos more people would have seen the answer several times.

I dont know, im kind of emotionally attached to all this content all together.. Also I think its good because you can ask a little bit of anything without beeing off topic wich is great for newbs like me who maybe dont know where does our questions belongs.
If you use a computer to access this forum (RCGroups.com) you can first search for the thread (DJI Phantom) then when you are in the thread there is a "Search this Thread" option in the menu bar at top right.
Now if you are like me, I like to use my tablet with the TapaTalk app to access different forums but the search function doesn't seem to work. So if I want to search I have to use computer.
Would like to know if anybody else knows a better app to use for forums?
Casperhyde is offline Find More Posts by Casperhyde