HorizonHobby.com Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Sep 04, 2015, 09:04 AM
Find More Posts by dlewton
Warm Sunny days please
United States, IN, Marion
Joined Mar 2008
168 Posts
Yes my 16" prop does look a little odd on the ground but I am hoping that with the trust that it generates I can fly nice and scale.
dlewton is offline Find More Posts by dlewton
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2015, 12:46 PM
Warm Sunny days please
Joined Mar 2008
168 Posts
I read your post about using a 2 cell lipo and 1900kv motor and thought it was a typo. My goodness that is a high KV motor but I guess only using 2 cells it would bring the RPM down quite a bit.
Old Sep 05, 2015, 03:50 AM
Find More Posts by RCFlyingKiwi
New Zealand, Auckland, Manukau
Joined Jun 2008
232 Posts
Yep many ways to skin a cat. I use long carbon stand off motor mounts and it even sounds like a PT6 winding down. Only issue is acceleration, got to fly it at higher energy levels than I would like for scale but takeoffs are very nice.

✈ Nice short Takeoff - STOL Pilatus Porter PC-6 - Patrouille Suisse at Wangen-Lachen (1 min 21 sec)
RCFlyingKiwi is online now Find More Posts by RCFlyingKiwi
Old Sep 05, 2015, 01:08 PM
Warm Sunny days please
Joined Mar 2008
168 Posts
Well I got to maiden mine today X3 Super hot and humid and about a 6-7mph wind. Plane handled it all with no problems. The first 2 flights were just getting it trimmed out and testing the power setup to see what my flight times should be. 3rd flight was 12 minutes with 22% reserve. This was using a Thunderpower 4s 3850 45c pack. Nothing was even close to warm or hot when the flight was finished. I think I will set my timer at 12 minutes and just enjoy the ride. It is a nice break from all of those speed planes and 3D planes. I am very happy I bought this plane.
Old Sep 06, 2015, 12:02 AM
Find More Posts by RCFlyingKiwi
New Zealand, Auckland, Manukau
Joined Jun 2008
232 Posts
Agree, I used to go fast and every which way too, interesting how satisfying it is to fly accurately and precisely in scale. with a classic like the PC-6. Enjoy !!!
RCFlyingKiwi is online now Find More Posts by RCFlyingKiwi
Old Sep 08, 2015, 04:31 PM
Warm Sunny days please
Joined Mar 2008
168 Posts
I was able to get 10 flights in this weekend on this plane. What a superbly enjoyable airplane. I did not experience any bad tendencies at all just super flight characteristics. I even did a couple of really slopping rolls and loops. In case anyone found this thread and is considering this plane buy it you won't regret it.