Old Jan 06, 2016, 03:27 AM
Find More Posts by currdog44
Currdog44
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Feb 2014
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Thompson View Post
That is determined by your transmitter channel allocation. Not the receiver!
Jim,

Thanks for the reply. Like I said, it was a noob question.
After a bit of sniffing around, I realized my Tx (Turnigy 9x flashed with er9x) can be configured with any channel allocation that I choose!

Chris
currdog44 is offline Find More Posts by currdog44
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2016, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by mrmurder19.75
crashing since 2008
United Kingdom, Barry
Joined Jan 2014
720 Posts
Chaps can somebody PLEASE help me before i officially go insane!

Apologies in advance if this is not the right place to ask.

Its about this EU/non EU fw update mess.
I have a taranis plus that up until yesterday has only had d4r-ii's bound to it (several of them, all bound without issue)
I treated myself to a new plank and a x8r to put it in it.
My plan was to bind it in D16 mode so i could get a vario connected up to it.
Having looked at the model setup screen on the tx before ordering the rx to establish what modes i had available i found i have D16/D8 and LR12.
From what info i could gather this lead me to believe the module in my tx must be running non eu fw.

The order page for the rx gave me an option to choose what fw to have on the rx so i of course chose non eu.
The x8r will not bind to my tx in D16 mode at all.
It bound first time in D8 mode with a jumper on channel 7 and 8.

Being in a plank 8 channels is more than enough of course but that also presents me with 2 problems. I still cant figure out what FW the module in my TX is running so wont know what rx's to order in the future and what with it only binding in D8 mode, i cant make use of the vario i wanted.

The more i am reading with regards to trying to figure it out, the more i am getting confused and frustrated.

Apart from what i have written above the only other info i can give is that under the module cover i have a sticker saying BO1 UK GS 26/02/2015.

Can someone please give me an idiots guide to help me figure this out? I want to be able to use D16 mode on my plank for smartport but i still need to be able to use all the D4R-ii's i have installed on other models.
Thanks.

Edit..
This is copy and paste of the info on the website page i ordered the X8r from and why i assumed my tx was running non EU fw. But as you can see, D16 is available in all of them, but i cant bind to it at all. I have tried doing it with jumpers and without jumpers. No go........

Identifying your transmitter's firmware

Understandably, you may be unsure which firmware your Taranis currently has installed. Simply head over to the model setup screen and scroll down to the internal RF mode setting - each firmware has different compatible protocols:

- D8, D16, LR12 - You have pre-2015/non-EU firmware compatible with D-Series, V-Series, X-Series and L-Series receivers. This firmware was the standard prior to 2015 and is still in use outside the EU.

- D16 - You have post-2015/EU firmware compatible with X-Series receivers. This firmware was released at the beginning of 2015 and was the first to conform to new EU regulations concerning RF transmission. You may also notice a small sticker on the reverse of your transmitter labelled 'EU 2015'.

- D16, LR12 - You have post-2016/EU LBT firmware compatible with X-Series and L-Series receivers. This is the latest firmware which is a progression of the post-2015/EU firmware but is not cross-compatible.

In an ideal world id like the non EU fw as that is listed as compatible with both types of rx's i use. Failing that, i believe you can now update receivers via opentx. Not 100% on that though.
mrmurder19.75 is offline Find More Posts by mrmurder19.75
Last edited by mrmurder19.75; Jan 27, 2016 at 04:14 PM.