|Aug 13, 2014, 01:32 PM|
San Simeon F3F 2 Day Contest Sept. 13-14 with Friday as a Practice Day
San Simeon F3F 2 Day Contest on Sept. 13th and 14th with Friday Sept. 12th an official practice day.
It is time for another San Simeon adventure. This will be the last one this year so don't miss out. We were able to work this event into both the SCSR and NCSS calendars this year.
Brandon Monte is very gracious and has agreed to CD the event. Thanks again for your help with this Brandon.
This is one month away.
1. AMA required as always.
2. The venue will be Wicked Sister. (the only place we are allowed to fly for now.)
3. Start Time/Pilot Meeting will be announced the night before based on Wx. forecast by 7:30pm.
4. Pilot's meeting location will be at "The Sea Breeze Inn". This is NOT where we will be flying. We will leave here to go to the flying site ~10 minutes north.
5. Just like our first race we are NOT permitted to fly anywhere in the area except at Wicked Sister and only on our event dates. If you choose to fly before our event you could ruin our opportunity to continue to fly in the San Simeon area. Sept. 12th, 13th and 14th are the only dates we are allowed to fly there.
6. Entry fee is $20, first time flyers fly for free the first day then $10 the 2nd day. Once the initial permit fees are covered ($225) then the rest of the funds go towards the USA F3F Team Fund.
7. This is a FUN fly, no series points.
8. As before, please be very respectful to any Park Rangers we meet.
Once again we are limited to 20 pilots:
1. Brandon Monte - 2.4 - FS4
2. David Olson - 2.4 - FS4
3. David Cortina - 2.4 - FS4
4. Dave Freund - 2.4 - SS4
5. Dan Field - 2.4 - N124
9. Jeremy Tyler - 2.4 - Precision
10. Kyle Paulson - 2.4 - FS3
Other things to do: Hiking, kayaking, fishing, elephant seal viewing, campfires, etc.
There is a GREAT camp site close by, the camp fires are a lot of fun and memorable.
San Simeon Creek Campground: Call Reserve America at 1(800)444-7285
You cannot reserve a specific spot. You pick a spot when you arrive. The spots are $35 a night. There are showers too.
Hotels: there are a bunch in San Simeon or Cambria. The Sea Breeze Inn is the most popular. Motel 6 is close by as well.
Many of us actually brought our wives last time and they all hung out and had a great time.......just saying.....something to think about.
The First 20 Pilots that post will get in..............who is up for another San Simeon adventure?
|Aug 13, 2014, 05:10 PM|
|Aug 18, 2014, 07:28 PM|
I'm in barring the unforeseen.
This has been one of the fun ones.
Hope the weather co-operates this go-round.
|Aug 18, 2014, 11:35 PM|
September is suppose to be a better month for more consistent winds than October. Although last Oct. we had great conditions. Fingers crossed.
|Aug 18, 2014, 11:38 PM|
|Aug 18, 2014, 11:43 PM|
Seems to me that someone came up with weather history by month but I can't find it. I assume it was for Point Piedras Blancas, Cambria is too sheltered.
|Aug 19, 2014, 01:04 AM|
iWindsurf has some great history, back to 2007, this is what we have been using. under "Statistics" :
|Aug 19, 2014, 01:42 AM|
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2010
Man, I would love to make this one. I had such a great time meeting and flying with Dan and the southerners in June. I' ll see how the family calendar looks once the kiddos get back to school. It is great having so many opportunities to fly with such a cool bunch of folks.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Contest||San Simeon F3F 2 Day Contest now on Back up Date: Feb 28, March 1st and 2nd||David Olson||Multi Task F3X||63||Mar 04, 2014 08:10 PM|
|Contest||San Simeon F3F 2 Day Contest Oct. 19th-20th||David Olson||Multi Task F3X||113||Oct 28, 2013 06:49 PM|
|Contest||1st Annual San Simeon F3F Race---2 Days!||Kyle Paulson||Multi Task F3X||235||Jun 03, 2013 03:19 PM|
|Discussion||So. Jersey SF ESL hand launch contest is on! (Sept 13-14)||Fly2High||Hand Launch||23||Sep 10, 2008 06:28 AM|
|First Annual F5B contest in Albuquerque Sept. 13, 14||davesieger||Electric Flight Events||2||Sep 05, 2003 04:07 PM|