HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:31 PM
Oklahoma
Joined Sep 2003
45 Posts
New to this forum- Not sure about protocall- I have a UDIRC UFO "quad copter". I have run out of rotor blades (props?) There is orange and black and right and left rotation- Is there an online source for these props??
Gymallo Guy is offline Find More Posts by Gymallo Guy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:43 PM
Chicago 'burbs
Joined Oct 2004
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
I think you'd be quite surprised by the Ladybird. I now consider it a Hotrod Quad. Much, much more stable and agile than the clones, plus you can do manual flips with it. At the listed price it is an outstanding deal.

Gerard.
Ok, I was debating back and forth whether to get one. Had one in my cart earlier this afternoon, ready to check out and then decided against it as I already have the Blade MQX, UDI U816, and MJX X100. Oh, and a Syma X1 on the way too.

Read your comment and that convinced me to ordered one. I guess I'm addicted to these little quads.
richh is offline Find More Posts by richh
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:08 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richh View Post
Ok, I was debating back and forth whether to get one. Had one in my cart earlier this afternoon, ready to check out and then decided against it as I already have the Blade MQX, UDI U816, and MJX X100. Oh, and a Syma X1 on the way too.

Read your comment and that convinced me to ordered one. I guess I'm addicted to these little quads.
if it makes you feel any better I just ordered my 3rd Ladybird lol. I have a feeling it will soon become your favorite.

my 1st one still flies like a champ, it has 1 motor starting to go. I always let the motors cool for a couple minutes in between flights, it doesn't seem like these little brushed motors can take a lot of abuse (and you can't really do maintenance on them)..
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:11 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
I love these little quads too, what a blast
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:02 PM
USA, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2008
1,519 Posts
This is my first quad my first copter and my first flight so "excuse moi"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L95yW...ayer_embedded#
tushev is offline Find More Posts by tushev
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:03 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
I'm pretty sure that link is the cheapest I've seen the RTF version, maybe even for BNF too. another plus is they are in California for those who'd rather not wait for shipments from overseas.

anyone in the market for one of these I'd recommend spending the extra ~$30 in a heartbeat... although you might want to invest in the UP02 tool/adapter too so you can upgrade the firmware. I'd wait and see how it flies first though, you may not need it.

unfortunately, I have a bad feeling Walkera is phasing out the LB v1 for good, leaving only the v2 behind. these sales may indicate vendors getting rid of what's left of their inventory. spare parts are becoming harder to find too (although the motors/booms and frames are the same as the v2, so that's good). it's too bad because not a single multirotor that Walkera has come out with since has been as good as it IMO.

get 'em while you can!
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:52 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
sorry. must have misunderstood. what do they mean on the deviation site by:
The WK series is old protocol and devo is new protocol and they don't work either way but PB make them kiss each other!
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:18 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
it's too bad because not a single multirotor that Walkera has come out with since has been as good as it IMO.
I have have a HotenX that I find it to be a fantastic, but pricey, quad. At least as good as the Ladybird IMHO.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:52 PM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ud...t-p-48799.html

$1.20 a set shipped. order 5 or 6 sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymallo Guy View Post
New to this forum- Not sure about protocall- I have a UDIRC UFO "quad copter". I have run out of rotor blades (props?) There is orange and black and right and left rotation- Is there an online source for these props??
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:50 AM
Oklahoma
Joined Sep 2003
45 Posts
Thanks!!

Ordered props from Bangood :-)
Gymallo Guy is offline Find More Posts by Gymallo Guy
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:17 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushev View Post
Very nice. No vignetting at all. I've just ordered a D lens #16 myself.
The A is nice too - compared my #18 with a friend's #16 A on holiday and the #16 was sharper, so need one of those too.

Also noticeably: no jello.
Brandigan is online now Find More Posts by Brandigan
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:37 AM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushev View Post
Cool! would you be so nice to share a picture how you mounted the cam to the body if the LB?

(I have tried this but on my cam #16 I only see water-wave (jello))
oxygen is online now Find More Posts by oxygen
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:36 AM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
you sure you have a #16? I have found it VERY hard to jello a #16 its really a huge improvement over the "early days" of micro cams.
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:04 AM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
you sure you have a #16? I have found it VERY hard to jello a #16 its really a huge improvement over the "early days" of micro cams.
That is what I ordered :-)
I made a new canopy (out of a cup) and stuck the camera (velcro) on there...
oxygen is online now Find More Posts by oxygen
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,942 Posts
Hi all, anyone know if there props fit all Ladybird clones, like the Mini Pet, for example: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ud...t-p-48799.html
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection