SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 30, 2012, 05:31 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,065 Posts
Discussion
Chinese purchases with EAGLES and other kitesand experiences with after sales.

I have bought many items from Hobbyking in China with no problems.

In this forum (RC Kites) I have been very interested in vector thrust kite flying and the first item I saw was the very realistic Eagle Kite described here in post 42
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1396982&page=3
I duly ordered one (ARF) direct and obtained it quite quickly.
On opening the box I found that the propeller was broken in half and on contacting the supplier I was told it must have been damaged in transit (NOT POSSIBLE!)
No offer of replacement prop was made. After some difficulty I obtained a prop in the UK and set it up as per instructions. As the motor was moved around by the servo the prop was catching on part of the body/fuse. I altered the body fuse part catching (it was the moveable top of the bird) and got the controls working.
I have tried many times to fly and despite giving full up elevator and bring the C.G back gradually all the machine does is dive STRAIGHT INTO THE GROUND!
Consequently, I have broken a number of propellers and now caved in the beak area. I have contacted the supplier but to date a non committal reply

My second experience is the purchase of a Delta Conyne kite from EmmaKites.
The supply has been excellent but on examination of the kite there is no attachment point for the kite line as shown in the attached photographs. There appears in both cases a sad lack of quality control. After some time, however, I have received an email promising a complete kite. - Watch this space!
Ted (UK)
P.S. I have now received a new kite complete.
tedrobphoto is offline Find More Posts by tedrobphoto
Last edited by tedrobphoto; Jun 21, 2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Correction after new correspondence
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrobphoto View Post
I have bought many items from Hobbyking in China with no problems.

In this forum (RC Kites) I have been very interested in vector thrust kite flying and the first item I saw was the very realistic Eagle Kite described here in post 42
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1396982&page=3
I duly ordered one (ARF) direct and obtained it quite quickly.
On opening the box I found that the propeller was broken in half and on contacting the supplier I was told it must have been damaged in transit (NOT POSSIBLE!)
No offer of replacement prop was made. After some difficulty I obtained a prop in the UK and set it up as per instructions. As the motor was moved around by the servo the prop was catching on part of the body/fuse. I altered the body fuse part catching (it was the moveable top of the bird) and got the controls working.
I have tried many times to fly and despite giving full up elevator and bring the C.G back gradually all the machine does is dive STRAIGHT INTO THE GROUND!
Consequently, I have broken a number of propellers and now caved in the beak area. I have contacted the supplier but to date a non committal reply

My second experience is the purchase of a Delta Conyne kite from EmmaKites.
The supply has been excellent but on examination of the kite there is no attachment point for the kite line as shown in the attached photographs. There appears in both cases a sad lack of quality control. After some time, however, I have received an email promising a complete kite. - Watch this space!
Ted (UK)
My update on the kite with no attachment from emmakites of Beiijing:-
I received a complete new kite from the supplier and it flies well. I received an apology for the first kite and am now very happy with the purchase. The kite structure is fibreglass tubing and the fabric rip-stop nylon.
The first kite I propose converting into a vectored thrust by replacing the fibreglass tubing with carbon fibre tubing for lightness and will be asking for assistance!
Ted
tedrobphoto is offline Find More Posts by tedrobphoto