HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:49 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,833 Posts
By the way, besides the ACE transmitters, all of the high-end Graupner radios (MC-24/MC-32/MX-24) have auto-trim. But the Graupner method is a bit scary because if you release auto-trim lever (or button) before allowing the sticks to return to neutral it ends up adding the stick offset when you do release the sticks. This results in doubling the correction you made.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Sep 2011
92 Posts
Auto trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
By the way, besides the ACE transmitters, all of the high-end Graupner radios (MC-24/MC-32/MX-24) have auto-trim. But the Graupner method is a bit scary because if you release auto-trim lever (or button) before allowing the sticks to return to neutral it ends up adding the stick offset when you do release the sticks. This results in doubling the correction you made.
Jim, it sounds to me like both the Graupner and XPS auto trims are more involved to use than the Ace. All I have to do is just fly straight and level and then tap the auto trim button, simple and easy. I have the speed that the auto trim works set on the low side because most of the time I need very trim applied to the plane. I believe that I will be able to use the auto trim on the 3216 with a little practice though. I may even like the way the 3216 works better after I use it, I am looking forward to trying it. Keep after it, you will get there......
xfedex is offline Find More Posts by xfedex
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Sep 2011
92 Posts
Jim, I just went back in the thread to see how you said the auto trim works, and I have a question....say you need 'One' more click of trim, will the 3216 do that? If I need to fine tune the trim, one quick bleep on the stick and a tap on the button will do it. That is why I have the trim speed set on low. Can the trim be adjusted on the 3216. I very seldom use the trim tabs to trim a plane as auto trim is so easy...
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:41 AM
United States, IL, North Aurora
Joined Sep 2009
567 Posts
Posts 821 thru 825 nearly all reference MP8Ks, the features, and have not been deleted. So in these 56 pages everything is on topic??? As an XPS user/customer/ and promoter of the "soon to be" Tx, deleting posts does a lot to encourage continued support. But it is your thread so, whatever.
hook57 is offline Find More Posts by hook57
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Sep 2011
92 Posts
Deleted post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook57 View Post
Posts 821 thru 825 nearly all reference MP8Ks, the features, and have not been deleted. So in these 56 pages everything is on topic??? As an XPS user/customer/ and promoter of the "soon to be" Tx, deleting posts does a lot to encourage continued support. But it is your thread so, whatever.
I was not to say anything more about my deleted post, but at least the rear picture of my Ace does show the XPS conversion! I guess the pic of the old plane and tx were ok. I am not mad, still intend to buy a 3216 but the playing field needs to be level.....What is good for the goose is good for the gander....
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:27 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Dec 2010
39 Posts
Since we are deleting all references to other products nearing availability, and this has been under "development" far longer , how about pics of the functioning prototypes, timing and pricing update!
indyjem is offline Find More Posts by indyjem
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:04 PM
Joined Sep 2011
92 Posts
Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyjem View Post
Since we are deleting all references to other products nearing availability, and this has been under "development" far longer , how about pics of the functioning prototypes, timing and pricing update!
If I remember correctly some one not long ago asked for pictures of the 3216 and I think he was referred to go back in the thread as they were there. If I am not wrong, those pic way back there were stated to be 'it might or might not look exactly like this'. So, yes I would like to see pictures for the new radio, surely at this stage of the game the radio is far enough along to show pictures of the final tax.....
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Sep 2011
92 Posts
That is final tx.......
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Jan 2005
50 Posts
Jim

What was your final decision as to how much in the way of time sequenced events will be user programmable? I know this transmitter is primarily designed for aircraft use. Would for instance it be possible to program a robot to do a set routine such as a dance? I am asking this just to get an idea of what the transmitter will be capable of.

Richard
RICHARD3851 is offline Find More Posts by RICHARD3851
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:51 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,833 Posts
You fly the plane flat and level (which might require radical stick inputs), activate the auto-trim, release the sticks, and deactivate auto-trim. If you don't release the sticks, nothing changes. You can't just click a button and have the plane magically trim itself, because if you reset the auto set the trims immediately, the plane would be out of trim at the current stick locations. The only safe way to do it is by requiring that the sticks move to some degree after activating auto-trim and holding the current flight surface conditions.

Pricing has not changed, box has not changed.

There is a sequence recorder built-in that stores the sequence to temp (local flash, not SD media) memory, which is good for several hours of recording time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Jan 2005
50 Posts
So how exactly would one go about setting up a retract gear door sequence? (say you want the left gear to start retracting slightly before the right, and you want the gear doors to open and close at a certain speed) would this programming need to be done on a computer? Or could you set these parameters on the transmitter screen?
RICHARD3851 is offline Find More Posts by RICHARD3851
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Sep 2011
92 Posts
Auto trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
You fly the plane flat and level (which might require radical stick inputs), activate the auto-trim, release the sticks, and deactivate auto-trim. If you don't release the sticks, nothing changes. You can't just click a button and have the plane magically trim itself, because if you reset the auto set the trims immediately, the plane would be out of trim at the current stick locations. The only safe way to do it is by requiring that the sticks move to some degree after activating auto-trim and holding the current flight surface conditions.

Pricing has not changed, box has not changed.

There is a sequence recorder built-in that stores the sequence to temp (local flash, not SD media) memory, which is good for several hours of recording time.
The way you have done the auto trim seems to be fine in the way it works and it sounds like it works real fast and if you are flying straight and level one time should be all you need to use it. I can't wait to try it out. I believe my Ace will work very similar to that, I have never cranked up the speed that the auto trim works, if I need say one click of left I can make a slight left turn and tap the button for a 'one' click of left turn. It will be something new to me to let go of the stick on a new hot plane, but if you are high enough it will be ok, just a little different to what I am used too. I am ready to try it out.....
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:13 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD3851 View Post
So how exactly would one go about setting up a retract gear door sequence? (say you want the left gear to start retracting slightly before the right, and you want the gear doors to open and close at a certain speed) would this programming need to be done on a computer? Or could you set these parameters on the transmitter screen?
You do it on the screen... or you could do it in the PC software. You would set an event delay prior to the channel changing. So, you could simulate the retracting of P-51 gear.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:56 PM
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Jun 2007
26 Posts
Old or New??

No date on this pic.
Maybe you can order one tomorrow????
Roger
rogerzzz is offline Find More Posts by rogerzzz
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:56 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,833 Posts
This picture was taken about a year ago at the AMA convention. Nothing has changed from this picture in terms of the box or the main display.
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread