SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:34 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
I dont get where people say the mini cp has more power then the mcpx v2 stock. Im guesing they do not know how to break in motors or lipos which is the leading cause of poor performance..

Farmer
Because it does....I had 3 mcpx's and none were close to the power out of the box to my mini. The mini has near brushless mcpx power out of the gates.

Nice vids too

The genius as said can fly and sweep the floor but not with as little effort as the mini.

How do you like the mini compared to the Genius?
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:43 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
Agreed about the V120D02s - I'm drooling over that one daily. I almost pulled the trigger on one yesterday - my FP experience with a V120D01 has brainwashed me into a D02s eventually.

Not to go off-topic, but in your experience, would a V120D02s be a good transitional CP outside heli for someone with good FP skills with the V120D01?
Its really stable but at the same time really poppy. Imo its great for learning 3D after you play with a gcp or mcp or mcpx for a while.

If your going to do sport flying and not really interested in trying to flip it right away you can get away by transitioning from fp to the cp d02s.

Farmer
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:51 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Because it does....I had 3 mcpx's and none were close to the power out of the box to my mini. The mini has near brushless mcpx power out of the gates.

Nice vids too

The genius as said can fly and sweep the floor but not with as little effort as the mini.

How do you like the mini compared to the Genius?
The mini is crazy fun indoors cause I can bounce it off stuff with no worries

My mcpx v2 has more power imo outdoors, mines stock too.

the mcp felt like it had more power until I tried to fly it in wind. But way more power then the stock gcp lol

Its really hard to choose between all 3
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:54 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Interesting mine has heaps more power..but i guess thats the story with micro motors they are never all the same.

I am going to try a hp05s on teh mini today with a 120 tail see how that goes.

Out of all of them my 120 is still my outside favorite
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:25 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,243 Posts
I have seen people putting the GCP motor in the mini saying it has more power so you may be right about the problem with micro motors never all the same.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:39 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
I still can't get over the bashing of the devo7? I get it. It looks just like the supper simple WK 4 channel radios that had a screen for looks only. I had one guy put it to shame at the lhs thinking the same thing and I never could convince him it was truly a full programmable radio and MOST people on here do the same and have never owned one. It is difficult to navigate at first, but as soon as you learn how it is as programmable and capable as any 2.4 radio. I just hate it when things get a bad rap for absolutely no reason other than ignorance
I have the miniCP with the DEVO 7 and Ill be honest. I have only flown the heli with the settings as they are from the factory. I have not even tried to mess with any settings on it, because I dont want to screw something up when it flies so well right out of the box. I havent tried any 3d yet, just slow circuits and pitch pumps, tail in flying, etc.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:16 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,243 Posts
you may want to switch the #1 on the rx board and see if your servos are aligned right. The switch turns the gyros off. One of mine servos was a full notch off on the horn out of the box and instead of centering it they just screwed the control rod out more, but not enough and the gyros were trying to correct this every time I took off.
So now I don't believe anything is RTR
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 12:13 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
The mini is crazy fun indoors cause I can bounce it off stuff with no worries
Whoa, wait a sec. You bought a mini cp? I thought you hated that heli and had given up on Walkera altogether?

Anyway, good to see you've come back to the dark side

Curious which devo tx you're using? 12s seems hot right now...and the 10 is going to be released soon.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:10 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,243 Posts
10 is the devo 7 with 3 more channels, the same two line programming, no touch, and no color, but just like the 7 has all the same program options as 6,8, and 12.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:14 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
10 is the devo 7 with 3 more channels, the same two line programming, no touch, and no color, but just like the 7 has all the same program options as 6,8, and 12.
Looks way better than the 7 to me.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=36
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:27 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,243 Posts
I had not seen the video. It looks like they added two lines most likely for the tele. Were is the 7s? lol!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 03:39 PM
Certified Heli Addict
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
965 Posts
Subscribed
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM
Old Mar 08, 2012, 05:48 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
I have seen people putting the GCP motor in the mini saying it has more power so you may be right about the problem with micro motors never all the same.
Yeah I think the Walkera motors have the higher range of "variety" in motor output

I just put a HP05s in my minicp today. The genius nor the mcpx could handle it without being quite modified. I was able to limit my tail blowouts by reducing pitch a bit..still need to tune it a bit more
Red Devil Brushless miniCP (3 min 4 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
hep with devo 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I have the MCPx and Genius with the Devo 7. If you are a casual or sport flyer, you aren't going to notice much difference. However, the MCPx really works much better with a DX6i and Walkera Devo 7 is not easy to program. So when you add a decent transmitter to any of these helis, the cost goes up quite a lot. The most notable thing I've observed is battery life is very short on the Genius.
Hi, I understand that you have a MCPx liked with a devo 7, can u help me to do that to, because i have it with the DX4e that is not good at all
thanks very much for your help
cercavins is offline Find More Posts by cercavins
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:48 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,151 Posts
It probably should be read as "the MCPx, and the Genius with the Devo 7."

BTW, I don't see anything wrong with Devo 7 once you know the layout well. The 2 line display is good for me as I can really read it without reading glasses.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09