HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2014, 07:36 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
I don't see the link, but I also can't "see" how you could to this with one receiver. The receiver operates on the same voltage source that powers the servos. I think that one receiver means one servo voltage.
I concur....
The video must be two planes with two receivers bound to the same Tx.

I have to say that I'm not happy with the slow speed of the MKS DS65K on a 1S lipo. Amplifying info is that the servo arms are super short, so I am using all the available throw. Longer arms wont fit in the fuse. And the elevator horn setup is fixed as well because of the arrangement. Its S-L-O-W!
Its NOT a snipe, fyi.....
I'm going to a KST when I get the chance to change it out. Its about twice as fast visually.
Having a super slow elevator servo isn't my idea of fun.

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2014, 07:49 PM
Will work for lift...
Provo, Utah
Joined Jul 2004
769 Posts
I wouldn't trust the guy who made that video. He's a crazy fool...flies two DLGs at the same time to better his chances in a competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostage-46 View Post
In this video the guy has two identical DLG's running through what must be been one reciever on the bench. One was 2S, the other 1S. I can not tell the 1S from the 2S model and he cycles the controls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPw5rqbD2kE

1S, less is more from me...
Dan in Dallas
Flying-Addict is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Addict
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,838 Posts
Got an hour and a half on the new setup at 244g w/o the BTOA and 250.5 with the unit in place. CG is 67 w/o and 64 with the BTOA. In calm conditions my weak throw gets me 160'+-><. In a 5+_mph wind I was getting 170'+->< with a max at 179'. This equals my best throw with the Validol in a 10 to 15mph steady wind. The snipe is 3 to 5 mph slower than the Validol (181g) in almost every aspect and I assume its mostly due to the weight difference. I'm having a hard time figuring out the best flap positions but I've settled on Launch at almost 2mm of reflex and cruise is 1mm of camber and thermal is 3mm of camber. My slider can add 3mm of camber or remove 2mm in cruise and thermal modes. I spent much time flying in cruise with one up to the 4mm in cruise and although it made a big difference I had a hard time telling which had a better L/D in the clam conditions. At times I had all 6mm in thermal mode and was able to circle quite fast. Some times the ship felt like it was mushing but I think it was the 64mm CG with the BTOA inside or I just can't read sink.
davidjensen is offline Find More Posts by davidjensen