SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:11 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,439 Posts
Question
HK Light Strip Wiring 101

Do the strips have to be wired from the end of one to the other? Or can I run wires from the power connection to each strip individually?
Hornetnz is offline Find More Posts by Hornetnz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:04 PM
kad
Quad Crasher
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
641 Posts
Assuming you're talking about these: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...lue_1mtr_.html (or one of the color variants)

You can do it either way, but wiring them individual usually requires more wire... Remember that the smallest you can cut them is 3 leds and you must cut on the indicated cut lines.

-K

How's the flying weather in GR? I'm from Marquette originally.
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:26 AM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,439 Posts
Thanks. I assumed it wouldn't make a difference, but thought it better to ask first. The reason being, end to end wiring in this plane with where I'm putting the strips will be a pain.

Weather has been decent. Little to no snow right now, so no skis required. Bit windy lately, but we flew on Jan 1st again this year and had a good turnout with winds ~5mph, partly sunny and not overly cold.
Hornetnz is offline Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:44 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,025 Posts
also you can soldier onto a strip and take off in another direction anywhere along the run. very convenient.
goodhumormarc is online now Find More Posts by goodhumormarc